• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thick backing boards from Heritage for Golden Age Comics
1 1

15 posts in this topic

I have occasionally purchased some raw golden age comics from Heritage Auctions and they send them with these really thick brown backing boards. They are almost like 4-5 standard golden age backing boards pressed together in thickness. I love them for both storing and shipping but can't figure out how to buy more for myself for my other books. Has anyone else purchased raw books from Heritage and received these? And if so, do you know where they can be purchased from? Thanks.

IMG_2425[1].JPG

IMG_2426[1].JPG

1 hour ago, mstrange said:

Did you try contacting Heritage?  If you find out the seller of these boards please post a link here.  I would be interested in purchasing these boards as well.

Same here! :) 

4 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Someone sent me a book from England that had a pretty thick CLEAR board- very cool to be able to see the back of your book.  He said he was working on marketing it, this was several months ago.

Thick mylar like backing boards were available in Canada 25 years ago. Guess only sold in the Commonwealth countries?

I have a few Mylar folders. Imagine a Manila folder that goes around the comic and the whole thing slides in comic bag. I loved them and you could see the back of the book, but I haven’t seen any in years. If anyone knows what I’m talking about and where to find someone I would love to get some more.

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I believe they are cardboard. Probably not acid free but good for shipping.

My two peanuts strip got shipped with a heavy piece of cardboard which I don't believe is archival but it was the perfect to use as a spacer between the studs in my basement and my piece of patch sheetrock to match the existing sheetrock thickness :banana:

I concur with the other POVs here that the HA backer board is ACIDIC!!!   Great for shipping though.

Go order some Golden Age books from Bunky Brothers.  They put four or five GA backer boards behind their books.  Absolute delight.