• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turok Dinosaur Hunter 1

57 posts in this topic

Ok.  I got these signed at the 2019 Baltimore show.  The cgc witness looked at them and told me dude these look different.  I looked and said what the hell, they do look different.  I never caught it and i've had these books for years now.  Does anyone know what the deal is with these books.  Is one just faded or what? or do I have a rare one of a kind 9.8 five thousand dollar signed error book

IMG_0511.JPG

IMG_0513.JPG

IMG_0517.JPG

IMG_0518.JPG

Is it just me or does the "Turok title box" sit closer to the picture below it, making the title on the right and whole book look bigger than the one on the left lol :insane: 

Maybe I need more coffee haha

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is it just me or does the "Turok title box" sit closer to the picture below it, making the title on the right and whole book look bigger than the one on the left lol :insane: 

You are correct.

Was the picture on those books a separate piece of paper that was just glued onto the cover? 

The signature on both copies seems to skip a beat when it goes off of the picture and onto the background of the cover.

Edited by Domo Arigato

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Maybe I need more coffee haha

you know, the right pic does look closer to the title.  good eye

5 minutes ago, IkewithMike said:

A great place to post this would be in the modern or copper section (thumbsu

That is a pretty neat find. Maybe someone could categorize it or perhaps shed some insight

I didn't know. can I move the post?

3 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

You are correct.

Was the picture on those books a separate piece of paper that was just glued onto the cover? 

The signature on both copies seems to skip a beat when it goes off of the picture and onto the background of the cover.

Yes... the holofoil image of Turok -- or whatever the hell you call it -- is glued to the cover.

6 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

You are correct.

that pic is raised from the book

17 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

as Mr. Zipper said, the holofoil part of the front cover is glued on and since they did a million of them they are all bound to be similar but slightly off.

that's not what i wanted to hear.  what about my 5 thousand dollar error book?

27 minutes ago, juniorMC said:

that's not what i wanted to hear.  what about my 5 thousand dollar error book?

Sorry to disappoint!

The part that is glued on had many slight printing variations, here is a picture of a batch and you can see the subtle difference from the one on the top to one on the bottom. You have one of each.

Turok 1.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

The two dinosaurs under Turok look to be two different colors also.  On one cover the left one is more brown, on the other he is more green.  They both are green. 

Maybe they were running out of ink ?  

10 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

You are correct.

Turok #1 was supposed to be the first "all chromium" cover to be published. They couldn't get it to work, so they instead printed up the "chromium cards", and then glued them to the covers.

The card is actually about the thickness of a standard card, and the edges can be easily felt.

As for the color of the chromium, it's just variation in the levels of ink. They printed nearly 2 million of these pieces of junk; there was bound to be variance.

If everyone who owned multiple copies of this book tossed one in the garbage or the fireplace.....  do you think we could give it some value and respectability ?  

35 minutes ago, Senormac said:

If everyone who owned multiple copies of this book tossed one in the garbage or the fireplace.....  do you think we could give it some value and respectability ?  

Going out on a limb to say...

6cpffM4.jpg

2 hours ago, Senormac said:

If everyone who owned multiple copies of this book tossed all but one in the garbage or the fireplace.....  do you think we could give it some value and respectability ?  

Even with my edit, it would be very, very difficult. lol