• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turok Dinosaur Hunter 1

57 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Senormac said:

If everyone who owned multiple copies of this book tossed one in the garbage or the fireplace.....  do you think we could give it some value and respectability ?  

I came into this thread half expecting it to be the hottest new key and I was going to kick myself for selling mine for a dime in bulk along with a handful of other recently valuable Copper books. Glad to see not everything I sold is a key now at least 

44 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

I came into this thread half expecting it to be the hottest new key and I was going to kick myself for selling mine for a dime in bulk along with a handful of other recently valuable Copper books. Glad to see not everything I sold is a key now at least 

I don't think this comic has had so much talk about it since it's inception

9 hours ago, Lazyboy said:
11 hours ago, Senormac said:

If everyone who owned multiple copies of this book tossed all but one in the garbage or the fireplace.....  do you think we could give it some value and respectability ?  

Even with my edit, it would be very, very difficult. lol

Ok.... everyone.... on the count of three...….  burn up All but two issues of this book, and lets see what happens to the market.  You'll still have one to sell and one to keep :applause:

On 1/18/2020 at 4:10 PM, Artboy99 said:

Sorry to disappoint!

The part that is glued on had many slight printing variations, here is a picture of a batch and you can see the subtle difference from the one on the top to one on the bottom. You have one of each.

Turok 1.jpg

Awe man! That sucks!  Thanks for the info.  Now I know

7 minutes ago, valiantman said:

*** valiantman rides in ***

Nope, Turok #1 is still worthless in all forms if there is a price on the cover.

*** valiantman rides away ***

SO What you're saying is, Turok you're not a Man your a Chicken Boo! :whistle: only some may get this reference  :shy: 

LegdXEn.gif

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

24 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

SO What you're saying is, Turok you're not a Man your a Chicken Boo! :whistle: only some may get this reference  :shy: 

LegdXEn.gif

I'm too busty wondering what Buttons did to get tortured like he did when all he was doing was trying to protect Mindy.

-slym

1 minute ago, slym2none said:

I'm too busty wondering what Buttons did to get tortured like he did when all he was doing was trying to protect Mindy.

-slym

lol true, maybe Spielberg had an overbearing dog as a kid :insane: along with a chatty squirrel and a hot nurse! :devil:  

On 1/19/2020 at 2:00 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Turok #1 was supposed to be the first "all chromium" cover to be published. They couldn't get it to work, so they instead printed up the "chromium cards", and then glued them to the covers.

The card is actually about the thickness of a standard card, and the edges can be easily felt.

As for the color of the chromium, it's just variation in the levels of ink. They printed nearly 2 million of these pieces of junk; there was bound to be variance.

There are housing developments made out of bundles of turok 1s stuck together.

7 minutes ago, the blob said:

There are housing developments made out of bundles of turok 1s stuck together.

One could use the chromium cards to make a satellite dish with.

Someone should get all the chromium card-type covers from all the companies and make a mosaic-style piece of huge art with them.

(Sorry, Bloodshot #1!)

-slym

On 1/19/2020 at 12:33 PM, Senormac said:

If everyone who owned multiple copies of this book tossed one in the garbage or the fireplace.....  do you think we could give it some value and respectability ?  

If every other person who owned it would throw every copy out

Even if 95% of the copies disappeared it is still like what, the 7th appearance of turok in the valiant universe? (I have no idea what it is) and like 157th if you include dell/gold key? 46 and 47 seem like better bets.

Edited by the blob