• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Definitive Your TOP 5 COMICS CHARACTERS Thread

39 posts in this topic

1. Spider-Man. Great character, best villains gallery in all of comics, great costume design. 

2. Captain Mar-Vell. As far as space related characters go, he tops all for me. 

3. Daredevil. The grittiness of Miller/Johnsons run (his best writing AND artwork ever IMO) and the fact that it continued after Miller left was great. Also one of the best things Marvel has brought to the TV screen ever.

4. Moon Knight. Again, a fun character with a fun run in the 80s with excellent art. Not sure how he fared in later appearances into the late 80s and 90s but for me, his initial appearances and initial solo series is enough to win me over. 

5.  Batman. When I was 16 I finally found an area of Batman that worked for me. Adams' work in the early 70s and most anything through the 80s. The Dark Knight was cool and I could appreciate him whereas earlier, I found the campiness too much and in the 90's well, I just find 90's art never worked for me even though it was the "it" thing when I was a young kid. 

Honourable Mentions: Werewolf By Night, Tomb of Dracula, Swamp Thing, Defenders. 

Edited by comicginger1789

Trying to infer whether to think 'definitive to my comic world' or 'definitive to comics IMO'?

I'm gonna go with the former.

• Superman (Definitive "superhero" to me.)
  • Batman (Definitive human-hero to me.)
  • Spawn
  • Iron Man
  • Spider-Man (Definitive Marvel/Stan Lee character.)

On 1/20/2020 at 6:45 PM, mrc said:

Big Vern

Billy the Fish

Buster Gonad

Millie Tant

Roger Mellie

Classic characters.  

I'd also add one of the all-time great comic book duos, Biffa Bacon and Knacka, and also The Brown Bottle.

Edited by Ken Aldred

22 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Classic characters.  

I'd also add one of the all-time great comic book duos, Biffa Bacon and Knacka, and also The Brown Bottle.

(thumbsu

...who could forget,

Billy Bound

Black Bag

Farmer Palmer

Finbarr Saunders

Nobby's Piles

Sid The Sexist

The Pathetic Sharks

7 minutes ago, mrc said:

Black Bag

How could I forget the Faithful Border Bin Liner? doh!

Edited by Ken Aldred