• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Hulk 181
2 2

14 posts in this topic

Well I never thought my first Hulk 181 would be in such lousy condition, but considering it was wedged between a stack that I randomly purchased the other day, I shouldnt complain.

Please grade:
The major defects

• torn cover
  • first few pages have a 1.5 - 2 inch tear at bottom. Starting from page 7 they are all good.
  • Staples rusty on outside but suprisingly very nice on inside.
  • The pics tell the rest. I plan to send to CGC at some point if it is worth it.

hulk 181 (1).jpg

hulk 181 (2).jpg

hulk 181 (3).jpg

hulk 181 (4).jpg

hulk 181 (5).jpg

hulk 181 (6).jpg

hulk 181 (7).jpg

hulk 181 (8).jpg

hulk 181 (9).jpg

1.0-1.5

Is it worth it? For this book, it sure seems so in any grade. That being said, as someone buying, I would want a 1.0-1.8 raw rather than graded. If encapsulated, I cannot read it and displayed, it is gonna look like the P.O.S it is. At least raw, I could read. But hey, if a 1.5 can fetch $650-700, I cannot see why you wouldn't grade it.

23 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

1.0-1.5

Is it worth it? For this book, it sure seems so in any grade. That being said, as someone buying, I would want a 1.0-1.8 raw rather than graded. If encapsulated, I cannot read it and displayed, it is gonna look like the P.O.S it is. At least raw, I could read. But hey, if a 1.5 can fetch $650-700, I cannot see why you wouldn't grade it.

Agree. This is a reader copy at best. Unless I look from the perspective of a CGC shareholder, I don’t see the benefit of slabbing. 

3 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

It's a book I would sell to fund others. If raw someone would only offer $500 but graded I could get a couple hundred more, I would do it. 

Will anyone pay a few hundred extra for CGC to say it's a 1.5? In my view, as long as the Marvel Value Stamp is not missing and the book is complete, it is what it is and the slabbing adds no value. With very few exceptions, I wouldn't pay an extra penny for a low grade book in a slab. Just my 2 cents. :angel:

1 minute ago, Mr. Zipper said:

Will anyone pay a few hundred extra for CGC to say it's a 1.5? In my view, as long as the Marvel Value Stamp is not missing and the book is complete, it is what it is and the slabbing adds no value. With very few exceptions, I wouldn't pay an extra penny for a low grade book in a slab. Just my 2 cents. :angel:

Yeah a few have sold and I feel the slab may have added an extra $150-200. The stamp there is key too because some of those sales were missing the stamp, at 1.5 and still went for $700 or more. Thing is, if this one has the stamp, it is missing a sizeable portion of the cover...so its hard to say if it would fetch more or the same.