PGM FF 66
1 1

13 posts in this topic

187 posts

Hi all - what do you make of this one..?

Back cover is fairly tan.  Pages off white or so.  Small 'fluff' bottom left of front cover.

Edit - the back cover and pages are evenly off white - the camera has added the variation.

ciao

DSCF3305.thumb.JPG.82b4a09ab286691e2d5c5629fdeca7a8.JPG

DSCF3306.JPG

DSCF3308.JPG

DSCF3310.JPG

DSCF3311.JPG

Edited by mike devon
oops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187 posts

Guaranteed un-fiddled with.  I've got a bunch of them in this condition that I've had for years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,040 posts

Too far away from the book to give a reasonable assessment. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187 posts
41 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

Too far away from the book to give a reasonable assessment. :(

If I said it looks same close up - there's no hidden nonsense - would you say the vibe is near an 8..?  The back cover is the lighter shade.

I can do more pics in daylight but honestly there isn't much to see its extremely tight with great gloss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,046 posts

Pic is a bit too far away, but based on the spine creases I can see... 7.5/8.0 max.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187 posts
4 minutes ago, Mr. Zipper said:

Pic is a bit too far away, but based on the spine creases I can see... 7.5/8.0 max.

Thanks :)  Yeah might squeak an 8.  If not 7.5 is fine by me.  I'm not over selling it - its super nice.

Edited by mike devon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,040 posts
14 hours ago, mike devon said:

If I said it looks same close up - there's no hidden nonsense - would you say the vibe is near an 8..?  The back cover is the lighter shade.

I can do more pics in daylight but honestly there isn't much to see its extremely tight with great gloss.

No, I would say, I want to see it close up before I can make a reasonable assessment of it's grade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187 posts
2 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

No, I would say, I want to see it close up before I can make a reasonable assessment of it's grade.

Hi Harry - new pic posted right above here.  You can see the spine ticks.  Otherwise the book is really solid.

I don't have a macro and I'm struggling a bit to get closer.

Edited by mike devon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,040 posts
1 minute ago, mike devon said:

Hi Harry - new pic posted right above here.

All I can see from that pic is that it's got a slight stacking curl & some spine wear, however I can't tell how much.

I can tell you it's not any higher than a 8.0 but I can't give any more than that.

You need to use closer and sharper pics (scans ideally) if you want an informed opinion from the boards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187 posts
4 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

All I can see from that pic is that it's got a slight stacking curl & some spine wear, however I can't tell how much.

I can tell you it's not any higher than a 8.0 but I can't give any more than that.

You need to use closer and sharper pics (scans ideally) if you want an informed opinion from the boards.

Thanks Harry.  It gives me an idea. If it was 7 or 7.5 that would do me.  Is it safe to scan them..? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,040 posts
20 minutes ago, mike devon said:

Thanks Harry.  It gives me an idea. If it was 7 or 7.5 that would do me.  Is it safe to scan them..? 

Yes, it's safe. Look at the sales threads on here, the majority of those books are scanned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187 posts
22 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

Yes, it's safe. Look at the sales threads on here, the majority of those books are scanned.

OK thanks very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1