• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, what was the first CGC graded comic you purchased?
4 4

79 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, comicdonna said:

Action Comics #29  CGC 4.0  in 2004  I came to the CGC forum to look into getting some raw Actions graded.  While doing so, I saw the chat forum tab and clicked on it....

Sweet @comicdonna !!

I lurked for about 6 months, It was a pretty intimidating place back then. But very useful information  :fear:lol

After a 25-year or so break from collecting, decided to get back into the hobby a couple years ago.  Not sure what prompted it, but i think i saw a new LCS open up and I stopped in to check it out.  After researching comics online, and this "new" grading concept, I bought my first graded comic during a 15% off sale on eBay; a Star Wars (1977) #1 9.6 WP (because Star Wars!).

5 hours ago, nepatkm said:

What brought me to these boards (around 15 years ago) was to research, and understand about CGC grading, and the process. I was fascinated with a graded copy of a book that my parents had taken away from me in my childhood, as it gave me nightmares. 
—Tomb of Dracula #1AABC5900-E1C1-48E9-960A-D9DED057B2FB.thumb.jpeg.132032c94a66ef2f8ef11d3f998223f8.jpeg
After receiving this copy, I was hooked wanting to complete this series graded. (with some other favorite titles) 

Same reason here... I should've looked for a copy of this book, but hooked on DC horror lol

I bought a CGC 8.0 Spectacular Spider-Man #1 back in the day to complete my run for around $20. I was so excited to get it and then...well, I obviously couldn't read it so I went and bought a mid grade copy. It was then I realized that while I like the look of graded books, buying them was not for me. I eventually sold it and have since vowed that I would only ever send books of my own in for grading rather than purchase a graded book.