• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, what was the first CGC graded comic you purchased?
4 4

79 posts in this topic

Very ordinary compared to many of the boardies here.

Harbinger 1 9.6, which got destroyed in the post.  Extreme shaken slab syndrome resulted in the cover becoming completely detached from the staples.  An inauspicious start.

Edited by Ken Aldred

2 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:
32 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Baller Shot Caller! lol :foryou: Cool!

:p.. I was so nervous because it was my biggest comic purchase ever at that time.

lol I wasn't being sarcastic! That's Sweet an AF #15, at least you had knowledge enough to take the risk on such a high price! :) 

I started out slow when I got back in, But still doesn't mean that I DIDN'T over spend.

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
5 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:
35 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Baller Shot Caller! lol :foryou: Cool!

:p.. I was so nervous because it was my biggest comic purchase ever at that time.

lol I wasn't being sarcastic! That's Sweet an AF #15, at least you had knowledge enough to take the risk on such a high price! :) 

I started out slow when I got back in, But still doesn't mean that I DIDN'T over spend.

But again, you must have still been collecting already and just hadn't tried CGC yet? I'm sure it paid off, I'm glad I came in when I did, as some things would now be unattainable for me in grade :shy: In 2006 CGC was relatively new, but still glad that you took a gamble on the company (thumbsu I think it's cool!

Even then it was pricey I'm sure, so I understand the nerves.... haha