• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, what was the first CGC graded comic you purchased?
4 4

79 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

But again, you must have still been collecting already and just hadn't tried CGC yet? I'm sure it paid off, I'm glad I came in when I did, as some things would now be unattainable for me in grade :shy: In 2006 CGC was relatively new, but still glad that you took a gamble on the company (thumbsu I think it's cool!

Even then it was pricey I'm sure, so I understand the nerves.... haha

Hehe yea I think this was back around 2003 or 04. Used up practically my savings for it. Very risky lol, but it paid off!

It was an Ebay purchase and never purchased anything that expensive online in my life. I kept messaging the seller if and when it would arrive, how he would pack it, etc. Sure enough he messaged me back saying everything will be fine. After about 3 days the book arrived in a Diamond distributor box filled with newspaper. I was ecstatic and relieved. I've always wanted to own this book and it came true for me that day.

Edited by Dark Knight

2 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

I still have it somewhere-an old label-read,small letters,print-Daredevil #131 in 7.5.It was 2009 and it turned up at a local shop,twenty bucks,had a small crack top right corner that busted a post/peg.Shop didn't want it-who'd buy this,they can't read it? I picked it up just to have an example,see how the grading was next to mine.I have a few raw copies,so it's always stayed in the case.Looks like it was a decent investment too!

Yep, that book has picked up a bit since I picked up a high grade copy a few years ago

6 minutes ago, Gravin said:

20200110_063750.thumb.jpg.eb282268bb0692d256986e3cc4c1d0bb.jpg

I remember it like it was last month...because it was.

I started posting on here because I was debating if I should submit a pile of books that I wanted to entomb for preservation and display reasons and after seeing so many photos I decided that I liked the look with the cases and finally sprung for my X94 (And just shipped off my first pile to CGC today as well.)

Good luck on the submission!

In 2001 purchased a ASM 58 CGC 9.4 on ebay. Still have it. Also this was back when buyers and sellers could easily contact each other via phone and I bought a few more from the seller personally.