• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Punisher fans, let’s see them favorites..💀
6 6

855 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

I always wondered did they decide at this issue to push it to 5 ? As this says 4/4 and the next issue says 5/5

Mike Zeck explained it to me this way... The Limited Series was always planned to be five issues.  But, up until they did the Punisher Limited Series, Marvel had only published four issues in a Limited Series so whoever added the type to issue one labeled it as #1 of 4.  Mike caught the mistake after the first issue and they corrected it with the 2nd issue (which is labeled a Five Issue Limited Series).  But again with issue #3, someone in the offices made the same mistake as they did with the first issue.  Mike decided not to say anything this time so the mistake was made again with issue #4.  Luckily Marvel finally figured it out again with issue #5.  

One of the big goofs at Marvel in the 80's.

On 8/9/2020 at 3:31 PM, comiconxion said:

My point was that there is a color variation that you'll notice on the #4's.  Some are more blue and some are more purple.  The "blue" ones are a little clearer and closer to the original artwork.  In this day and age of "variants,"  I didn't know if people were starting to differentiate between the two.  The "blue" ones are a bit rarer and you typically see those more with the newsstand versions vs. direct sales versions.  

I just checked and I have both the “blue” and “purple” color variations.  Thx for the info.  I didn’t know there was a difference.

On 8/17/2020 at 3:45 PM, Parabellum said:

I swore I wasn’t going to do it, lol.  Only need a #2 1:500 cover.  I was thinking of getting one with a nice Zeck remark to match my #1.

FB7984EA-5184-4722-9EF2-06D2C255CFFC.jpeg

Awesome set!! :headbang:

Thanks @ADAMANTIUM :)

I’ve actually had this copy for a while. Posted it because I think it’s a great Jim Lee (& Klaus Janson cover....Those Red Eyes though..💀)

I think I need 23 or 24 more issues in CGC 9.8 to complete this (P.W.J) set graded...I Need to quit hesitating, and submit a bunch of books. 😆 

Edited by nepatkm
PWJ