• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Alphabetical DC thread, mostly Golden Age with a little Silver Age. Final recap, will close thread late tonight.
5 5

97 posts in this topic

I expect this thread to stretch for a week or two, listing books once I've had a chance to complete imaging. Going alphabetically seems most sensible, however there may be a few stragglers at the end if I find some forgotten about copies. 

:takeit:in the thread trumps any pm negotiations. It's the best way to ensure winning the book.

7 day return privilege on raw books (return postage on you), no returns on certified books.

Checks or money orders preferred but PayPal is possible if you have to pay that way. If PayPal is your thing, please combine all purchases into one payment. I can invoice you if need be.

Domestic shipping: Raw books are $12 USPS priority with signature confirmation, Certified books are $16 USPS priority with signature confirmation. Insurance is NOT included and if you want it, it will be at cost. International shipping varies widely but always seems expensive. It will be at cost and take a little extra time to evaluate. I DO combine orders to save on shipping.

Payment due once the thread is closed, or you indicate that you're done shopping. Thanks in advance for being cool. 

Edited by Frisco Larson

Action Comics #46 5.0 white pages. Original owner book came into a local store. Very solid and tight, it has a semi deep scratch in the upper left Superman circle. Book has a spine roll and a small 1/2" & a smaller 1/4" tear on right cover edge. Super copy! $595 SOLD

Action 46f.jpg

Action 46 b.jpg

Action 46 1.jpg

Action 46 2.jpg

Action 46 3.jpg

Action 46 4.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

Adventure Comics #84 4.0 c/ow pages. Nice copy that the staple has come loose at front cover, but still attached at the back (but I recommend being gentle). Very flat, basically crease-free cover. Inside covers have tanning halo. GREAT splash pages on interior stories! Looks better than a 4.0 but called that due to single staple tenderness. $325 SOLD 

Adventure 84 f.jpg

Adventure 84 b.jpg

Adventure 84 1.jpg

Adventure 84 2.jpg

Adventure 84 3.jpg

Adventure 84 4.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

1 hour ago, Frisco Larson said:

Action Comics #46 5.0 white pages. Original owner book came into a local store. Very solid and tight, it has a semi deep scratch in the upper left Superman circle. Book has a spine roll and a small 1/2" & a smaller 1/4" tear on right cover edge. Super copy! $595

Action 46f.jpg

:pullhair: A glorious Roller Coaster cover?  A large story spread taking place in an Amusement Park with Supe fighting the Domino? Zatara Fighting Hitler? A frick'n Iron Giant appearance? :ohnoez:

:takeit: per PM.  THANK YOU Jim. I don't have many GA Superman Books; this one Rocks! :headbang:

1 minute ago, bounty_coder said:

:pullhair: A glorious Roller Coaster cover?  A large story spread taking place in an Amusement Park with Supe fighting the Domino? Zatara Fighting Hitler? A frick'n Iron Giant appearance? :ohnoez:

:takeit: per PM.  THANK YOU Jim. I don't have many GA Superman Books; this one Rocks! :headbang:

^^ Thanks Aaron!!!

2 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

Adventure Comics #79 bouncing between 2.0 & 2.5 on the grade (my buddy Electron's opinion too), with c/ow pages. The interior is loose from the covers and first wrap with wear and paper loss at top staple (see pics). 3 centerfolds are also loose with the center most being a bit tattered. Two one inch spine splits, one at bottom, one in center on cover. It's low grade but a classic cover for not a lot of dough. $495

Adventure 79 f.jpg

Adventure 79 b.jpg

Adventure 79 1.jpg

Adventure 79 2.jpg

Adventure 79 3.jpg

Adventure 79 4.jpg

I don’t know a ton about this book but isn’t this super cheap?  Why hasn’t someone picked this up yet?