• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Alphabetical DC thread, mostly Golden Age with a little Silver Age. Final recap, will close thread late tonight.
5 5

97 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Detective #26 Qualified .5 c/ow pages. This copy is a coverless with a loose married front cover. I bought them separately and brought them together. I do not have a back cover as I haven't been able to acquire one yet and have decided to pass this project on to another collector and let them bring it to completion. I think (but am not positive) that the More Fun, Action and Adventure comics out on the same month have the same back cover, but once gain, I'm not positive of that. The first page has some names and some squiggles in pencil, so of which appears to be reduced with an eraser (see pic). This issue also has a "coming attraction" blurb at the top margin on a page alerting us to the Batman coming to this title next month (see pic). The front cover is VERY colorful and has aged very well for a loose cover. The interior has a few minor tears which is understandable as the first wrap appears to have acted as the issues cover for quite some time now. For someone who chooses not to wait until they find a donor back cover, a back cover could easily be created by laser color reproduction, attached to the front cover, then attached to the interior through the staples to have a complete copy. This book has become VERY expensive and GPA tells us that a NO GRADE coverless with c/ow pages sold for $1295 on 9/7/18, a year and a third ago. I am offering this coverless with a beautiful original cover here and am willing to match that price! $1295 

Detective 26 cover.JPG

Detective 26 1.jpg

Detective 26 2.jpg

Detective 26 3.jpg

Detective 26 4.jpg

Even with a married cover, that's an outrageously cool book at a very reasonable price! 

Does it advertise #27 in it? 

Good luck with the sale! 

Detective #74 2.5 w pages. This copy has some great characteristics seldom seen in this grade range .... like very strong cover colors and killer page quality! There look to be 3 small pieces of tape at the staple area, one outside cover, one inside cover and one on first wrap to reattach the cover. This copy also has a spine roll (see pic) as well as a piece out of lower cover spine. Minor stains on some pages and back cover. The centerfold is also loose. $275

Detective 74 f.jpg

Detective 74 b.jpg

Detective 74 1.jpg

Detective 74 2.jpg

Detective 74 3.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

Detective #84 Qualified 5.0 ow/w pages. The qualified grade is due to someone neatly cutting a coupon out of the last page which does affect the end of the Boy Commandos story (the final page in the book is an ad page). Other flaws are an inch and a half tear at the right front cover edge mid way up (visible in pic) and small staple tears on back cover. Also, an odd page fold at the spine area near the centerfold (can be seen in Slam Bradley pic). Flat clean copy with one of the better later covers. $335

Detective 84 f.jpg

Detective 84 b.jpg

Detective 84 1.jpg

Detective 84 2.jpg

Detective 84 3.jpg

Detective 84 4.jpg

Detective 84 coup.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

31 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

Even with a married cover, that's an outrageously cool book at a very reasonable price! 

Does it advertise #27 in it? 

Good luck with the sale! 

Thank you very much! It actually DOES advertise the #27 with the coming of "The Batman" which can be seen in the last pic I posted for that book. CGC mentions it on the label of certified copies too, but I still think it's undervalued. Difficult to find and expensive, I'll be surprised if it doesn't sell fairly quickly. Thanks for the 'luck wish' on the sale! 

22 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

Thanks Jim! 

That was just to cool to pass up!  Now I need to stay off this site because I'm going broke!

You're very welcome! It's a great issue and I'm certain you will REALLY dig it once you've got it in hand! I completely understand having to stay clear of further spending!!! It's just so difficult at times :ohnoez:  :bigsmile:

Gonna mix up the order for this one book: Detective 97 CGC 5.5 Universal w pages. Thought I'd add it as I can live without it, but am also happy to keep it, as I LOVE Detective Comics with white pages that look much better than the assigned grade. Yours for $595 SOLD

Detective 97 5.5 white front.jpg

Detective 97 5.5 white back.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

Detective #88 2.0 ow/w pages. Cover detached due to tears at cover staple area (see pics). Three inch spine split from the top down, but not due to any brittleness, as this book has fantastic paper quality, ESPECIALLY for a book in this grade range. Lots of great stuff inside this book. $135 SOLD

Detective 88 f.jpg

Detective 88 b.jpg

Detective 88 1.jpg

Detective 88 2.jpg

Detective 88 4.jpg

Detective 88 3.jpg

Detective 88 5.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

Detective #106 2.5 ow pages. This copy has a humidity wave to the cover and into some pages. Could really use a press for those that do that. The bottom staple is loose at the front cover but attached at the back. Top staple has tears but is attached. Kinda different cover. $140  SOLD

Detective 106 f.jpg

Detective 106 b.jpg

Detective 106 1.jpg

Detective 106 2.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson