• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Alphabetical DC thread, mostly Golden Age with a little Silver Age. Final recap, will close thread late tonight.
5 5

97 posts in this topic

Flash Comics #17 Q2.5 ow/pages. Book is qualified due to missing the centerfold. 2.5 due to piece off of the front cover and top staple detached. Some minor margin tears on a few pages.  Great paper on this one! The King story is the only one affected by the CFO. Priced at my cost of $125

Flash 17 f.jpg

Flash 17 b.jpg

Flash 17 1.jpg

Flash 17 2.jpg

Flash 17 3.jpg

Flash 17 4.jpg

Flash 17 5.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

The Flash #139  3.0-3.5 ow pages. Bouncing between the 2 grades on this one, primarily due to near spine length tape on exterior cover. The tape looks completely unnecessary and could probably be easily removed. The book otherwise would likely grade out around 5.0. This issue features the origin and first appearance of Professor Zoom (Reverse Flash) and is a key issue. If you're skilled at tape removal, you could probably make some good loot. $185

Flash 139 f.jpg

Flash 139 b.jpg

New Adventure Comics #28 .5 c/ow pages. A surprisingly nice copy that had the front cover neatly removed. The back cover is still firmly attached at both staples. Mycomicshop just auctioned a New Adventure 27 in the same condition (missing front cover, c/ow pages) last week that ended at $637. This book for parts ALONE is worth more than my asking price. I know there's a restored .5 out there missing page 22, so here ya go (whoever has it)! There is a color copy of the cover included. $250 SOLD

New adventure 28 f.jpg

New adventure 28 b.jpg

New adventure 28 1.jpg

New adventure 28 2.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

New Comics #2 CGC Universal 1.5 ow/w pages. Brutally difficult book to find in nice condition unrestored with the highest graded Universal copy being a 2.0. I had planned to have a little conservation done to make this attached and nice mid grade conserved but have shifted focus and decided to offer it up here. It doesn't get mentioned much, but this is a bit of a key book in that it's the first appearance of Federal Men, one of Siegel and Shuster's first recurring characters in comics! This team had something near an 80 issue run! If you're a collector who wants first appearances, this might be for you. $1200 SOLD

New Comics 2 f.jpg

New Comics 2 b.jpg

New Comics 2 l.jpg

New Comics 2 l2.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

1 minute ago, Frisco Larson said:

New Comics #2 CGC Universal 1.5 ow/w pages. Brutally difficult book to find in nice condition unrestored with the highest graded Universal copy being a 2.0. I had planned to have a little conservation done to make this attached and nice mid grade conserved but have shifted focus and decided to offer it up here. It doesn't get mentioned much, but this is a bit of a key book in that it's the first appearance of Federal Men, one of Seigel and Shuster's first recurring characters in comics! This team had something near an 80 issue run! If you're a collector who wants first appearances, this might be for you. $1200 

New Comics 2 f.jpg

New Comics 2 b.jpg

New Comics 2 l.jpg

New Comics 2 l2.jpg

Nice, you don't see these everyday.

2 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

New Comics #2 CGC Universal 1.5 ow/w pages. Brutally difficult book to find in nice condition unrestored with the highest graded Universal copy being a 2.0. I had planned to have a little conservation done to make this attached and nice mid grade conserved but have shifted focus and decided to offer it up here. It doesn't get mentioned much, but this is a bit of a key book in that it's the first appearance of Federal Men, one of Siegel and Shuster's first recurring characters in comics! This team had something near an 80 issue run! If you're a collector who wants first appearances, this might be for you. $1200 

New Comics 2 f.jpg

New Comics 2 b.jpg

New Comics 2 l.jpg

New Comics 2 l2.jpg

Take per PM

3 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

New Adventure Comics #28 .5 c/ow pages. A surprisingly nice copy that had the front cover neatly removed. The back cover is still firmly attached at both staples. Mycomicshop just auctioned a New Adventure 27 in the same condition (missing front cover, c/ow pages) last week that ended at $637. This book for parts ALONE is worth more than my asking price. I know there's a restored .5 out there missing page 22, so here ya go (whoever has it)! There is a color copy of the cover included. $250

New adventure 28 f.jpg

New adventure 28 b.jpg

New adventure 28 1.jpg

New adventure 28 2.jpg

Some books you're happy to get any copy. This is one of those for me!  :takeit: 

Thanks Jimmy!!

On 1/22/2020 at 11:26 PM, Frisco Larson said:

Gonna mix up the order for this one book: Detective 97 CGC 5.5 Universal w pages. Thought I'd add it as I can live without it, but am also happy to keep it, as I LOVE Detective Comics with white pages that look much better than the assigned grade. Yours for $595

Detective 97 5.5 white front.jpg

Detective 97 5.5 white back.jpg

:takeit:per PM

Superman #35 4.5 w pages. From the same original owner collection as the Action #110 & the Batman #31, so great paper and rich colors. This one has an obvious odd spine roll which I'm certain would press out to a higher grade and square the book up nicely. $275 SOLD

Superman 35 f.jpg

Superman 35 b.jpg

Superman 35 1.jpg

Superman 35 2.jpg

Superman 35 3.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson