• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who here tried to collect runs of titles? (Completists)
4 4

85 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

.i was trying to CGC my ASM 1-100 run

The only slab I ever bought was issue 13 1st Mysterio it was a 5.5 and as soon as it arrived I released the little bugger into the wild...Run free my little friend no more cages for you You're FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:bigsmile:

10 minutes ago, marvelmaniac said:

Thanks, You have a GREAT collection also, Congrats on the Avengers 1 and Hulk #1!!! :golfclap: Keep collecting, filling those runs and ENJOY!!!

I have smaller runs that I did not include such as the Sad Sack Spinoff Titles of the 50's (all 10 cent covers), Amazing Adventures/Amazing Adult Fantasy (no, I do not own AF 15) and books like Beany and Cecil, Tom Terrific, books about characters I watched on TV from my childhood.

If you include my Son's books, he started with the issues I ended with on the main titles and then added his own, so he has runs of ...

ASM 201 - 441 Annuals 6 - 28, 96,97 (He no longer has all of the Annuals or ASM 361, he sold them)

DD 133 - 211

F.F. 201 - 416 Annuals 9-27, 98

Marvel Super Hero Secret Wars (Vol 1) 1-12

Sensational Spider-Man 1 - 33

Silver Surfer (Vol 2) 1 - 146 Annuals 1 - 7, 97, 98

Spectacular Spider-Man 1 - 263 Annuals 1 - 7

Spider-Man 1 - 98 Annuals 97, 98

Transformers (1984 Vol 1, 1st Prints) 1 - 80

Uncanny X-Men 94 - 150

Web Of Spider-Man 1 - 129 Annuals 1 - 10

X-Men (1990) 1 - 91 (all 5 variant covers of #1)

Sweet.

That's cool getting your kid into it and him taking it up.  And he's got a couple of really long runs.  Did I read that right that you guys both have X-Men 94-150 or so?

4 minutes ago, grebal said:

Sweet.

That's cool getting your kid into it and him taking it up.  And he's got a couple of really long runs.  Did I read that right that you guys both have X-Men 94-150 or so?

I have 2 -66 and he has 94 - 151 plus about 75 other issues (not complete runs) between issues 158 - 459.

When he decided to start collecting, to get him started I gave him books that I had bought new off the newsstand/LCS when I got back into collecting in the 79 -85 era (including X-Men 126 -150, Miller DD issues, Secret Wars) I had that fell into the category of books he was collecting.

With my OCD and and all of his books being stored at my place I did help to fill some of his runs, especially Transformers, he also completed his own run of ROM.

6 hours ago, SuperBird said:

Maybe the more pertinent question is: "anyone collecting CGC runs?"

Yeah... That’s Where I am at, trying to get graded runs of some of my favorite titles. It’s a costly fixation I’ve fallen into @SuperBird  

—Still it’s great to see what runs everyone is going for, or has completed. :popcorn:

50 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Another pretty big run, I’m trying to complete graded 9.8 is The Punisher (1987 series) ... I’m 8 issues (CGC 9.8) away from completing it (104 issues, 2 newsstand/variant Covers, and 7 annuals) — Harder than I thought it would’ve been 14 years ago. (:

3341F147-6852-4316-8C57-2E97A7982FC6.jpeg

I never get tired of seeing that! (thumbsu

You're not really an OCD collector until you want them all in the same style case :baiting:

Jk that's too soon lol and probably always will be!

Do you have any of the newsstand variants yet?

Edit I'm just curious which issue numbers they are....

@nepatkm I bolded where you called it Newsstand and was curious which 2 issues you meant lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

@ADAMANTIUM—Not worried about the cases yet,  lol

yes have some Newstands graded maybe 5 (some of my doubles)  - I’m not into that variant phase (yet?) 
Different covers of an issue # are what I personally consider a variant. If I fall into that hole in my collecting, my wife would surely leave me. :devil: lol — Besides most of my ungraded collection are newsstand versions, until after 1990. (thumbsu

Edited by nepatkm
Doubles

9 hours ago, Azkaban said:

just hero for now but I'm sure once I retire it'll be the whole run :banana:

Tales to Astonish is hurt-poor Ant-Man,Hulk,Giant Man,Subby--- lollol All the other Tales get the love?

(I think Tales to Astonish #48 is the greatest silver age book,I'm biased!And no help,you've got so much on the plate)

2 hours ago, nepatkm said:

Another pretty big run, I’m trying to complete graded 9.8 is The Punisher (1987 series) ... I’m 8 issues (CGC 9.8) away from completing it (104 issues, 2 newsstand/variant Covers, and 7 annuals) — Harder than I thought it would’ve been 14 years ago. (:

3341F147-6852-4316-8C57-2E97A7982FC6.jpeg

Yes, those last few issues of a series seem super hard to acquire! All the best in completing this fantastic Punisher run! 

Edited by musicmeta

18 hours ago, shiverbones said:

6 issues away from house of mystery 174-321, for the third time, and all easy issues. 

If I were to guess the six you don't yet have...hmm...

175, 179, 195, 236, 256, 290 and I'll throw in 321 as a pinch hitter.

How'd I do?