• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who here tried to collect runs of titles? (Completists)
4 4

85 posts in this topic

The biggest I ever finished was JIM/Thor.I had everything up to around 2010 when I sold off the JIM.I still have the Thor through Vol.2 but don't care to do any newer stuff.

I have a full run of Captain Marvel including MSH 2 issues & a few crossovers.Smaller runs include Warlock,Dreadstar,Fish Police,Starslayer,Scout (Tim Truman),Rocketeer,original apperances,Epic Illustrated,Howard the Duck,Silver Surfer Vol.1-3 and assorted small 5 to 10 issue runs. 

Working on the Teen Titans from the 1980's,Jon Sable,Master of Kung Fu(just need a few odd issues in the middle),Deadly Hands of Kung Fu,Avengers starting at the .15c mark to maybe 300,FF #100 up,Warlord,just a few, The Spirit Archives.

I also completed a Run of Pacific Comics,all the floppies & mags plus some of the catalogs & coming attraction stuff they put out.I would like to add the portfolios but a couple bring big bucks when you can find them. I started to do a Tower run but lost interest after maybe 10 issues.

If and when I finish some of these up I would like to start on a couple of themes.Marvel blue sky covers and the .25c Giants from Marvel 1971.

I just recently completed my first run...

Hulk: Future Imperfect!

Just kidding. I have well over 100 complete runs, though less than 20 (but with another dozen or so that are over 93% complete) are over 12 issues long.

I only have Moon Knight 1st series  - 38 issues all in CGC 9.8 White

Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D - 18 issues  all in CGC 9.4/9.6 white

Inhumans 1-12 raw  9.2-9.8   

Jon Sable - 1-56  

Underway -  Iron Fist 1-15  all in 9.6/9.8 White.  Just need #7 

Action Comics - All except #521...all blue label 1st prints  1-Up  all in CGC 9.8 White.  Don't we all dream this! 

Edited by musicmeta

@Azkaban for the Strange and Tales of Suspense are you going for hero only or full?I've been working on both,very close to ToS,but Strange Tales gets tough and pricey on the pre hero,pre code! I think I'm still missing a good twenty on the 1-100.(#1 checked at least)

17 hours ago, Phicks said:

"Once I get these issues I can die happy...."

But it never ends for completionists!   As soon as I finish the runs that I posted above, then it is on to the next title!

It doesn't end! I don't want it to for my runs. I took a year of watching feeBs and picking locally before I finished my Spawn 1-304+ run

1976930329_IMG_20200108_181230794_HDR3.thumb.jpg.b33d67f93e84123019eb436af5b109c8.jpg

I like having a want list for these runs. I like that it's a journey more than a destination with these titles. I run collect: 

Spawn, emphasis on condition

Usagi Yojimbo, all appearances (less emphasis on condition)

Zap Comix

Freak Brothers

Doctor Aphra

Most anything Jim Mahfood

7 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

@Azkaban for the Strange and Tales of Suspense are you going for hero only or full?I've been working on both,very close to ToS,but Strange Tales gets tough and pricey on the pre hero,pre code! I think I'm still missing a good twenty on the 1-100.(#1 checked at least)

just hero for now but I'm sure once I retire it'll be the whole run :banana:

20 hours ago, tv horror said:

I'm a huge Spidey fan and only need issues 1,2 of Amazing and AF 15 to complete all his core titles to date, then complete Tomb of Dracula Frankenstein monster and one short of Werewolf by night issue 32. Once I get these issues I can die happy as I'm a TOTAL completist it even keeps me up at night.:roflmao: 

what do you mean core titles? like Key issues? or the Vol 1 Vol 2, spectacular, peter parker, etc... 

43 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

what do you mean core titles? like Key issues? or the Vol 1 Vol 2, spectacular, peter parker, etc... 

Spider-man's other main titles like Web of, Spectacular, Team up and so on.(thumbsu I have complete runs of all these titles yes I like Spider-man!<3 I'm in no rush to find the the other missing issues as I would imagine cracking up not having a Spidey fixation.:ohnoez: 

17 minutes ago, SuperBird said:

Maybe the more pertinent question is: "anyone collecting CGC runs?"

what is a CGC run... like label collections lol..i was trying to CGC my ASM 1-100 run but have a bit of them in other guys slabs and the costs to slab those books would be a lot..