• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Definitive Your TOP 5 Characters You Just Don't Love Like Some People Do
3 3

119 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Logan510 said:

It might be one of the most faithful to the source so it gets high marks for that. All the other Marvel characters get mess on in the movies yet somehow Deadpool escapes that. (shrug)

And I fully appreciate the movie for its faithfulness, in large due to Ryan Reynolds.

It's a far-cry from "best", though, despite its faithfulness. It lacks levity. I do personally enjoy more 'serious' comic book movies. The VFX for Colossus, alone, makes the movie flawed/worse.

Besides The 1st 48 issues of TWD I haven’t read a comic in 25 years...so here it goes in no specific order...also have not read much DC so it will seem Marvel heavy.

Superboy, Supergirl, Super Dog etc..meh, Not a huge Supes fan but I respect the originality and history.

Moonknight...loved some of the early art and his look...Marvel knockoff of Batman IMO.

Hercules, Thor and all of Asgard...just not original.

Black Panther...never liked him as a kid, always compared him to Luke Cage rightfully or not...give me Power Man.

Iron Man...never liked the idea that ALL his powers came from technology.

good idea...could probably list 10 more.

3 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

Gotta blame Reynolds in part for the mass Deadpool hate.  Character is a lot cooler without that voice.

Never seen the movie. Still hate the character. 

Oh wow. A ninja! 

Everyone already acknowledges he was just a Deathstroke clone. 

A clone of a boring character. 

Does it get any worse? 

Liefeld gave Deadpool a mask so he wouldn’t have to draw a face over and over again. Same with the shoulder pads.

not like the board needs anymore Liefeld hate, but ever notice how all his characters, regardless of gender, have the exact same face and expression?

Ugh. 

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 12:08 PM, Steelrain41 said:

Green Goblin- especially when he took over shield just because he killed the Skrull queen. Marvel lost me at that point.

The real Green Goblin's proper story arc ended with his death in ASM 122.  Shame on Marvel for bringing him back.

57 minutes ago, newshane said:

Liefeld gave Deadpool a mask so he wouldn’t have to draw a face over and over again. Same with the shoulder pads.

not like the board needs anymore Liefeld hate, but ever notice how all his characters, regardless of gender, have the exact same face and expression?

Ugh. 

Yes, they ALL look the same

On 1/20/2020 at 8:01 AM, comicginger1789 said:

To counter a recent topic....your top 5 characters that lots of people love but you just cannot get behind for whatever reason.

1. Superman. Too powerful, could never relate to him. I respect him and what his existence is to comics but that is it. 

2. Green Lantern. See above.

3. Aquaman. There are some classic covers I like but beyond that, I haven't found a point where readability is good enough for me.

4. X-Men. I like X-Men. They are fine. But I don't desire X-Men like some people. Teams in general are just meh for me. Outside of the Defenders and maybe Inhumans and FF, most teams I just don't love like most

5. Venom. Again, I like Venom. I prefer his early stories but when everything becomes Venom related, it loses its lustre. What makes most Spidey villains great is the fact that they come and go in chunks. Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Kraven, Doc Ock, Mysterio. With Venom, he came and never really left and at some point it is all a bit much sometimes. 

Agree on all of those to a Tee, no arguments here.

For my "additional" bottom-five characters:

* Bats. Just because.

* Moon Knight. Yawn. Don't see it.

* Female knock-offs (as someone already pointed out)

* Harley Quinn. See Bats.

* TMNT. Millennials :eyeroll:

:preach:

Edited by jcjames