• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Definitive Your TOP 5 Characters You Just Don't Love Like Some People Do
3 3

119 posts in this topic

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

Didn't see Man of Steel?

Know what, I did. And it still didn't do it. I need an epic Superman vs Braniac invasion that is just a HUGE action movie. The character has so much potential and so much history (like the FF), but nobody seems to put the effort forward. The only time I have ever really enjoyed him was while Geoff Johns was writing him in Action Comics.

3 minutes ago, Old Fashion PB and J said:

Know what, I did. And it still didn't do it. I need an epic Superman vs Braniac invasion that is just a HUGE action movie. The character has so much potential and so much history (like the FF), but nobody seems to put the effort forward. The only time I have ever really enjoyed him was while Geoff Johns was writing him in Action Comics.

Rumor had it that this would've been Zack Snyder's Man of Steel 2.

I personally would've preferred BrainIAC as the Justice League's 1st villain, but seeing as it's based off the New 52, I understand going with Steppenwolf as Darkseid brought them together to begin that series.

Carry on with your hatred of muh boi tho... Did you ever read Kingdom Come?

5 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Rumor had it that this would've been Zack Snyder's Man of Steel 2.

I personally would've preferred BrainIAC as the Justice League's 1st villain, but seeing as it's based off the New 52, I understand going with Steppenwolf as Darkseid brought them together to begin that series.

Carry on with your hatred of muh boi tho... Did you ever read Kingdom Come?

Kingdom Come is far and away my favorite comic story of all time. I really wish we could have more stuff like that.  And it's not so much hate as it is not using the nearly 100 years of rich history to create a top selling book.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Stupidman killed General Zardoz or whatever-I also recommend ripping Lex in 1/2.

As a last resort, and it was presented in a manner to give a reason why Superman doesn't kill (instead of "just because").

Superman wouldn't be Superman if he was a murderer.

6 hours ago, Old Fashion PB and J said:

That would be Gen X, not millennial...

Millennials start in 1981....seriously... Google tells all!

Spoiler

, but are you one and not know it? Now that's :jokealert:

Just now, kav said:

No like Barry Windsor-Newton-Wellington-Smith Conan?

Don't really care for Sword and Sorcery type books.  Lots of people love Conan but I don't.  I did buy it on the stands simply because i love to read comics - that reminds me I hate Jimmy Olsen worse!  Didn't list him, which pain do I endure worse Jimmy Olsen or Aquaman.  Aquaman is worse than Jimmy.

1 minute ago, boatfund said:

Don't really care for Sword and Sorcery type books.  Lots of people love Conan but I don't.  I did buy it on the stands simply because i love to read comics - that reminds me I hate Jimmy Olsen worse!  Didn't list him, which pain do I endure worse Jimmy Olsen or Aquaman.  Aquaman is worse than Jimmy.

Love the Curt Swan Jimmy Olsens!

22 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Millennials start in 1981....seriously... Google tells all!

Hide contents

, but are you one and not know it? Now that's :jokealert:

Im 41, born in 78. I am the polar opposite to the early Gen X aka fringe boomers lol

If I had to pick just the one character that really makes me puke it would absolutely be harley quinn.  I hate everything about this character.
I want to do youtube video where I burn Batman Adv #12 and flush down toilet.

Edited by kav

2 minutes ago, Batgirlwholaughs said:

Oh stop it!

cant stand her.  I need at least a shred of realism in a character.  The happy go lucky chick with a giant hammer and wise cracks just doesnt do it for me.  People gushing over her like she's the most incredible comic character ever developed doesnt help matters.

Just now, Batgirlwholaughs said:

You're not one of those guys that hates female comic characters, are you?:frown:

Nope.  That would be the'hasty generalization' in logic.