• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best of 2019: The Results.....

24 posts in this topic

Bill has posted the results of the Best of 2019. He will be sending out an email to all registered CAF members.

There was 1084 pieces of art submitted, and 249 people submitted art. Only 164 people voted.

Results posted here: https://www.comicartfans.com/bestofyrtopwinners.asp

The page shows the top 3 vote getters, you will have to select the individual categories to see the rest of the voting.

Congrats to all who entered and received votes!!!!!

Comparing the number who entered and the those who voted I can see there is work to be done next year to make voting easier. This year we made a great leap in entries but that also contributed to not everyone voting who entered. I will be asking for feedback thru a separate thread, hopefully we will find a good way to improve the voting for Best of 2020.

ARGH!!!!!

A fellow collector pointed out to me that a Wally Wood numbered print was submitted to the Best of 2019. And it got 6 votes.

Can people please follow the rules. This was for original artwork not prints.

15 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

Comparing the number who entered and the those who voted I can see there is work to be done next year to make voting easier.

I gave up after voting on Covers, just too much art. That's not something you can fix. As somebody noted to me Bill's "fixes" are probably why there are so many more pieces this year.

4 minutes ago, stinkininkin said:

Ashamed to admit I haven't participated in this for a number of years, but having looked through the results I see that a large number of pieces got zero votes.  My question is, can you not vote for your own entry?  I would think every entry would get at least that one vote, yes?  

I believe you can vote for your own piece(s) but many participated and didn’t bother to show up at the polls. 

18 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

ARGH!!!!!

A fellow collector pointed out to me that a Wally Wood numbered print was submitted to the Best of 2019. And it got 6 votes.

Can people please follow the rules. This was for original artwork not prints.

I saw that one but was expecting it to be policed and deleted.

5 minutes ago, stinkininkin said:

Ashamed to admit I haven't participated in this for a number of years, but having looked through the results I see that a large number of pieces got zero votes.  My question is, can you not vote for your own entry?  I would think every entry would get at least that one vote, yes?  

I submitted an entry in the Covers category. It got 4 votes (thanks to those that took the time and found favor with my entry). I didn't vote for my own cover...there were so many other great entries. If I thought I deserved to be in the top 5 I'd vote for myself, but the submissions in all category were pretty great. 

1 hour ago, stinkininkin said:

No you can not. Its about sharing what you liked the best that you acquired in 2019. Since you picked them as your top 5 everyone else knows they are your favorites.

6 hours ago, Brian Peck said:

No you can not. Its about sharing what you liked the best that you acquired in 2019. Since you picked them as your top 5 everyone else knows they are your favorites.

Actually you can vote for your own entries.  

8 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

you aren't suppose to vote for your own, I wouldn't be surprised if Bill set it up so that you can't.

Malvin