• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best of 2019: The Results.....

24 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, eewwnuk said:

Actually you can vote for your own entries.  

That would be cheating.  No other word for it.  If anyone would be that desperate to vote for their own entries, then they're participating for all the wrong reasons.

And as for anyone submitting art and then not being bothered voting on the day . . . I don't get that.  Brian laid out the rules carefully and sent out timely reminders, so no excuse for your tardiness.  Another way of looking at that, I suppose, is that if you're not opting to vote, then you're not voting for the competition against your own pieces.

If it could be policed, I'd certainly like to see instant disqualifications for either of the above.

2c

Edited by The Voord

3 hours ago, The Voord said:

That would be cheating.  No other word for it.  If anyone would be that desperate to vote for their own entries, then they're participating for all the wrong reasons.

And as for anyone submitting art and then not being bothered voting on the day . . . I don't get that.  Brian laid out the rules carefully and sent out timely reminders, so no excuse for your tardiness.  Another way of looking at that, I suppose, is that if you're not opting to vote, then you're not voting for the competition against your own pieces.

If it could be policed, I'd certainly like to see instant disqualifications for either of the above.

2c

No need to formally DQ; just name whoever did it.  The shame should more than suffice.

On 1/21/2020 at 11:17 AM, stinkininkin said:

Ashamed to admit I haven't participated in this for a number of years, but having looked through the results I see that a large number of pieces got zero votes.  My question is, can you not vote for your own entry?  I would think every entry would get at least that one vote, yes?  

You’d be the only one able to vote on your own art! Is that allowed?