• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can Anyone figure out what these 2 pieces were published for?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I have a nice 2 page spread by Alex Nino  with an end of days type theme with dragons and what looks like the END OF DAYS scene!

The other piece is by Michael Zulli and what looks like its dated 2006 with a Barry Smith homage of a female angel over a fire and crazy devilish tombstone.

At bottom it reads what looks like " BURNING THE GRAVE OF SLAYTONS"

any help is appreciated!

Mike

nnospread.jpg

zulliburninggrave.jpg

Edited by romitaman

19 minutes ago, romitaman said:

I have a nice 2 page spread by Alex Nino  with an end of days type theme with dragons and what looks like the END OF DAYS scene!

The other piece is by Michael Zulli and what looks like its dated 2006 with a Barry Smith homage of a female angel over a fire and crazy devilish tombstone.

At bottom it reads what looks like " BURNING THE GRAVE OF SLAYTONS"

any help is appreciated!

Mike

nnospread.jpg

The Alex Nino is from Time Machine 2: Search For Dinosaurs by Ibooks for Young Readers

https://www.amazon.com/Time-Machine-2-Search-Dinosaurs/dp/1596876131/ref=pd_sbs_14_1/146-1379416-5628101?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1596876131&pd_rd_r=c6223607-a098-493f-ab9a-c1d56e684f9f&pd_rd_w=dBomk&pd_rd_wg=54Uc2&pf_rd_p=bdd201df-734f-454e-883c-73b0d8ccd4c3&pf_rd_r=RWVC9AWWQV6ZQBG3DWZH&psc=1&refRID=RWVC9AWWQV6ZQBG3DWZH

And the Zulli may well be completely unpublished. Either unused, or just done as an "art" piece.

There was a book titled Puma Blues, that had imagery not terribly different from this, in it. I recall there being Satyr busts on columns in there. But I don't recall this piece being in that book specifically.
It may be an entirely new(ish) piece that went totally without publication. Almost looks like maybe dated '06. Well after Puma Blues.

Since his issues on Sandman, Zulli has done a lot of pieces in this vein and sold them to his art fans, without any of it seeing publication that I am aware of. Often very large works (bigger than comic art board size). Generally a few hundred dollars a pop.

Eder has had something similar for a while, though his looks more like a PB era piece.  https://www.scotteder.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=9519&ArtistId=763&Details=1&From=Room

21 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

And the Zulli may well be completely unpublished. Either unused, or just done as an "art" piece.

There was a book titled Puma Blues, that had imagery not terribly different from this, in it. I recall there being Satyr busts on columns in there. But I don't recall this piece being in that book specifically.
It may be an entirely new(ish) piece that went totally without publication. Almost looks like maybe dated '06. Well after Puma Blues.

Since his issues on Sandman, Zulli has done a lot of pieces in this vein and sold them to his art fans, without any of it seeing publication that I am aware of. Often very large works (bigger than comic art board size). Generally a few hundred dollars a pop.

Eder has had something similar for a while, though his looks more like a PB era piece.  https://www.scotteder.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=9519&ArtistId=763&Details=1&From=Room

Thanks Eric! :)