• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

San Mateo Comic Books #5 (original art price list from the mid to late 80's?)

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone posted one of these price lists here?  Probably pretty interesting for people to see the prices for Original Art from 30+ years ago.  I found one yesterday going through my stuff and was surprised at some of the asking prices back then for original pages.  The price list is over 50 pages long typed, so too long for me to post here.

One stand out that caught my eye was under ERNIE COLON.

SAVAGE SWORD:  Complete 50-page unpublished story "Feeders from the Sky" in full pencils and partial inks.  This was the last story Roy Thomas, Ernie Colon and Tony Dezuniga did for Marvel Comics.  Adapted from the Robert E. Howard story "Next Semerkeht".  $1,000.

Was this ever finished and published?

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

That is the Donnelly Brothers old catalogue. I remember going to their shop, most disorganized one I have ever seen, comics piled up randomly everywhere. Everytime I would ask about their catalogue for comic art pieces they said "coming soon". I think I waited two years before they finally had one.

This one is labelled #5 so they must have finally come out with more than the one.  Seems there's no pictures, but over 50 pages of type written prices.  They must have had ten thousand+ of pieces of OA.  Just a rough est. on the catalog, each page must have about a couple hundred pieces listed x over 50 pages.  Stephen Bissette confirmed he traded art with Stephen Donnelly.

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

45 minutes ago, 50 Cent #II (1st) said:

This one is labelled #5 so they must have finally come out with more than the one.  Seems there's no pictures, but over 50 pages of type written prices.  They must have had ten thousand+ of pieces of OA.  Just a rough est. on the catalog, each page must have about a couple hundred pieces listed x over 50 pages.  Stephen Bissette confirmed he traded art with Stephen Donnelly.

Much of the art from that catalog is still available and with pics !!!!!

But today pics but  no prices.

But you can send them an email. In the subject header type INQUIRE.

You will eventually get a price quote at a “slight tick up” from release date of San Mateo 5.