• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can this be safe for books? AKA Pudding!
4 4

28 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, I like pie said:

I was just assured by a trusted source at CGC that it's just the inner well. Never noticed it before.

Ok but is this indentation or whatever it is something they're deliberately doing? If it is then for what reason? It can obviously have an impact on the back cover over time.

By "thinner" books are you just talking about non giant size?

Just now, MGsimba77 said:

Ok but is this indentation or whatever it is something they're deliberately doing? If it is then for what reason? It can obviously have an impact on the back cover over time.

By "thinner" books are you just talking about non giant size?

I was told it would have no effect on the book. Correct. Just the regular thickness books had it.

They better step up their game with the new cases voldy has out now.

8 hours ago, I like pie said:

I think I discovered how CGC eliminated/greatly reduced Newton rings.

I just got 55 books back and on the back, about 30 of them have this "footprint" and its mostly the thinner books.

:eek:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Drat I've been caught out...Yes I'll admit it I work for CGC in their pressing xD!!!!!!!

s-l1600.jpg

I think in the right conditions this issue could do harm, what if the "pudding" or case indentation occurred on a non Colour breaking crease but it was like just on the point of breaking colour and over time that pull as Joey showed us that the book takes on the shape of the indentation causes that crease to break colour now we have this long crease that has broken colour. No pressing can fix that... 

So I think it could become a issue under certain conditions...

If the case becomes weaker (does it?) because of the indentation, that would be a problem, I think. Does the indentation disappear over time, or with heat/cold applied? If so, does it revert to an indentation over time?

19 minutes ago, wilbil said:

I also think the thread title has to be changed to puddling. I taut I saw a puddy tat.