• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sweet Christmas! Hero for Hire #1 Cover art up at Heritage!
2 2

36 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, spider9698 said:

A heck of a lot more than I would be willing to pay.   Could see this hit 75-100k if not more.   Clearly the Sal Buscema contribution may push it over the top.   There are collectors who LOVE first appearances......

As one mega-BSD put it to a friend of mine, you can't buy anything good for less than $100K these days. :( :sorry: 

Many people would be shocked at the deals and offers that are being made behind the scenes nowadays.  The market for the really good stuff is even hotter than people think. hm 

Edited by delekkerste

1 hour ago, ESeffinga said:

But it's gonna drop off any day now. Boomers and all...

:grin:

Because only boomers know who Luke Cage is.   My kids tried to watch the series on Netflix and they were not allowed because they couldn't pass a 1970 trivia test. 

Edited by bluechip

16 minutes ago, bluechip said:

Because only boomers know who Luke Cage is.   My kids tried to watch the series on Netflix and they were not allowed because they couldn't pass a 1970 trivia test. 

For the record my post had very little to do with Luke Cage, and more was a very sad jab at Gene, who likes to remind us all from time to time that the end times are coming as the boomers fade from the Original Art market.

Its the first I’ve seen of him talking about things on the upside rather than down in a while.

But please do go on, and do tell us more about this Luke Cage character, and his definitely not cancelled Netflix show. 

:popcorn:

2 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

For the record my post had very little to do with Luke Cage, and more was a very sad jab at Gene, who likes to remind us all from time to time that the end times are coming as the boomers fade from the Original Art market.

Its the first I’ve seen of him talking about things on the upside rather than down in a while.

But please do go on, and do tell us more about this Luke Cage character, and his definitely not cancelled Netflix show. 

:popcorn:

If it's about whether a Netflix show was cancelled, then you better dump anything you've got which involves Daredevil or the Punisher.  

Edited by bluechip

2 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

Even sadder considering that the reminders have been about the Gen Xers, not the Baby Boomers! :baiting: 

(but let's not get off on that tangent ;))

5 hours ago, delekkerste said:

As one mega-BSD put it to a friend of mine, you can't buy anything good for less than $100K these days. :( :sorry: 

Many people would be shocked at the deals and offers that are being made behind the scenes nowadays.  The market for the really good stuff is even hotter than people think. hm 

very low six figures is where my head was at .   Is that your guess?  

I'm not seeing the pizzazz to get this into a "2 handle" as you would say ;)

Edited by Bronty

16 hours ago, delekkerste said:

Even sadder considering that the reminders have been about the Gen Xers, not the Baby Boomers! :baiting: 

(but let's not get off on that tangent ;))

Except, the current boom in early to mid 90's key OA prices seems to suggest that Millennials might be driving that bus.

15 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Except, the current boom in early to mid 90's key OA prices seems to suggest that Millennials might be driving that bus.

Sure, but it doesn't take a lot of money to prop up the high-end of that market. Different story when it comes to all the older art out there whose buying has been dominated by the Gen Xers and Boomers. 

16 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Seeing as the Hero for Hire #1 cover is the literal first published appearance (although there may have been ads in some comics) of Luke Cage, this probably gets a bit of a premium bump. I think it could go for between $60K to $85K, with juice.

I'll say $90K to $120K, but, I'll be more surprised if it goes sub-$90K than above $120K. 

12 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Sure, but it doesn't take a lot of money to prop up the high-end of that market. Different story when it comes to all the older art out there whose buying has been dominated by the Gen Xers and Boomers. 

I forgot who bought the BWS Bloodshot #1 cover. But, isn't he a Millennial? I know he posted it on twitter after he bought it. A TV producer. Maybe he's a young Gen X'er, though. 

Edited by PhilipB2k17

1 minute ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

I forgot who bought the BWS Bloodshot #1 cover. But, isn't he a Millennial? I know he posted it on twitter after he bought it. A TV producer. Maybe he's a young Gen X'er, though. 

Not sure what Bloodshot #1 has to do with the segments of the art market that Boomers and Gen Xers dominate...  (shrug)