• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MARVELS starring Brie Larson, Iman Vellani and Teyonna Parris (2023)
9 9

3,126 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Or one individual, YOU, who defaults to everything I say is DC vs Marvel or everyone is a Captain Marvel hater. I'm just debating the meaning of Captain Marvel's new title The Marvels and doing it with all honesty. Isn't that one of the things we do here, debate? You're the one bringing the toxicity with your troll posts.

By the way, you posted such a toxic series of social thoughts yesterday concerning topics that had nothing to do with CBM or TV show productions the mods pulled both posts.

@Keys_Collectoryou may have missed that when you assumed everyone is in here bashing Brie Larson. That isn't the problem here!

21 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Bash Brie Larson? No, not really.

One individual over-dramatizing anyone that didn't care for either the performance or --script is a hater is what gives that impression. Don't fall for that trap.

:tink:

Definitely some bash Brie Larson going on here....pretty easy to go back and see it.  I do think that there is a bit of "over-dramatizing" on certain posts from @therealsilvermane but there's been plenty of toxic responses in return.  I tend to agree with that member on their posts but they do seem to be bringing up certain aspects once in a while that could be left on the back burner or discussed on another thread.

It's all perspective.....so can we go back to just talking about Captain Marvel 2 now and cut the nonsense out?

Just now, Keys_Collector said:

Definitely some bash Brie Larson going on here....pretty easy to go back and see it.  I do think that there is a bit of "over-dramatizing" on certain posts from @therealsilvermane but there's been plenty of toxic responses in return.  I tend to agree with that member on their posts but they do seem to be bringing up certain aspects once in a while that could be left on the back burner or discussed on another thread.

It's all perspective.....so can we go back to just talking about Captain Marvel 2 now and cut the nonsense out?

I don't know. Ask Silvermane since he seems to be in the middle of all the over-dramatized debates for quite a long while. Let me know how that goes for you.

:popcorn:

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

By the way, you posted such a toxic series of social thoughts yesterday concerning topics that had nothing to do with CBM or TV show productions the mods pulled both posts.

@Keys_Collectoryou may have missed that when you assumed everyone is in here bashing Brie Larson. That isn't the problem here!

Yesterday I was directly responding to your post that I was somehow posting conspiracy theories when the history of using propaganda to stoke fear is a very real thing that happened in this country and continues to happen. I suspect my post got pulled for another reason slightly connected and I'm cool with it.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Yesterday I was directly responding to your post that I was somehow posting conspiracy theories when the history of using propaganda to stoke fear is a very real thing that happened in this country and continues to happen. I suspect my post got pulled for another reason slightly connected and I'm cool with it.

Like usual, you went overboard and pitch conspiracy theories that hints at anyone not caring for Captain Marvel or Brie Larson is probably influenced by entity X, Y, Z.

Even the other day when I asked if you sign off from here happy with your discussions each night (which you replied 'Yes') because I was observing yet another debate between you and three other forumites, it was because I felt bad for you.

Heck, you even tried to tell Sharon about how women are treated badly and she wasn't factoring this into her Captain Marvel appreciation. Sharon - A WOMAN!

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

So the longer a thesis, the more incorrect it becomes? I don't remember that part in college. Or even high school.

Then you were mistaught.

And I say this as an undergrad English major and award-winning college newspaper editor who wrote his fair share of 20+ page papers as well as 80+ published film reviews.

Then I moved to DC and worked as a political lobbyist, and now PR flack.

Nobody has time to read more than a page. If you're lucky enough to meet with a Senator's Chief of Staff - let alone the Senator himself, you've got 20 seconds to make your point.

Pitching reporters? You've got three sentences, maybe four. Anything more than that and they know you're BS'ing and your story's weak.

As Albert Einstein said, "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."

28 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Then you were mistaught.

And I say this as an undergrad English major and award-winning college newspaper editor who wrote his fair share of 20+ page papers as well as 80+ published film reviews.

Then I moved to DC and worked as a political lobbyist, and now PR flack.

Nobody has time to read more than a page. If you're lucky enough to meet with a Senator's Chief of Staff - let alone the Senator himself, you've got 20 seconds to make your point.

Pitching reporters? You've got three sentences, maybe four. Anything more than that and they know you're BS'ing and your story's weak.

As Albert Einstein said, "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."

I understand the importance of brevity. I also understand that sometimes you have to elaborate. There's a time and place for both. Sometimes the President of the United States needs to keep an address to a few minutes. Sometimes it needs to be 45 minutes. I'm not trying to pitch a movie over here, I'm just debating the possible meanings of Captain Marvel's sequel title change in a fan forum. I'd been going back and forth with drotto for a bit and felt it was time to elaborate. No need to grade me as I see it.

8 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I understand the importance of brevity. I also understand that sometimes you have to elaborate. There's a time and place for both. Sometimes the President of the United States needs to keep an address to a few minutes. Sometimes it needs to be 45 minutes. I'm not trying to pitch a movie over here, I'm just debating the possible meanings of Captain Marvel's sequel title change in a fan forum. I'd been going back and forth with drotto for a bit and felt it was time to elaborate. No need to grade me as I see it.

This assumes it is just drotto you have slammed with a wall of words versus just getting to the point.

And what makes it worse in not helping your own debate points is when you start laying down the dialogue bricks, you go right into the social injustices of the world that this forum must now be the bastion of decency to make up for 'other places'.

Just take a breather, make your point and don't assume everyone not agreeing with you must be what is wrong with this world. I bet you may find they are more aligned with your general thinking than you assume.

Edited by Bosco685

20 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

This assumes it is just drotto you have slammed with a wall of words versus just getting to the point.

And what makes it worse in not helping your own debate points is when you start laying down the dialogue bricks, you go right into the social injustices of the world that this forum must now be the bastion of decency to make up for 'other places'.

Just take a breather, make your point and don't assume everyone not agreeing with you must be what is wrong with this world. I bet you may find they are more aligned with your general thinking than you assume.

In my long post reply to drotto, if you care to actually read it, I wasn't slamming. I was actually trying to debate from drotto's point of view and theorize why Kevin Feige and co. might have chosen to lessen Captain Marvel's presence in the sequel title, mainly taking the "Captain" title out of it.

this place is about to get a cleaning!

I see it as a promotion for Monica Rambeau & Kamala Khan more than a demotion for Carol Danvers. If the movie is about legacy, the character of CM is elevated regardless of the amount of screen time Brie gets. Photon was always a favorite of mine, weirdly powered black woman who leads the Avengers! You go girl!

54 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I realize brevity at times is not my strong point.  I do struggle with it and I suffer from not being about to streamline my thoughts to the most pertinent one.

16 minutes ago, Bird said:

this place is about to get a cleaning!

I see it as a promotion for Monica Rambeau & Kamala Khan more than a demotion for Carol Danvers. If the movie is about legacy, the character of CM is elevated regardless of the amount of screen time Brie gets. Photon was always a favorite of mine, weirdly powered black woman who leads the Avengers! You go girl!

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

giphy.gif

Of course talking about Captain Marvel 2 also means looking out for Captain Marvel's six, so...

Just a suggestion. Drop the disclaimer as that is when you go off the rails to drive home your point many are here to attack Brie Larson and Captain Marvel.

Recognize how it is coming across.