• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Someone said their Detective Comics 3 was one of the first 250 comics ever... How did they know this?
1 1

60 posts in this topic

I saw an Instagram post from someone who stated their DC 3 was one of the 250th comics ever printed. I mean, a book from 1937, before AC 1, its plausible forsure...

But was he just guessing? Is there an actual # of the first 250 comics ever released? I am mainly wondering because I have an AC 4, and it would be cool info to know if that fell into that category as well. Any help in this matter would be appreciated! Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Ryan Vandal said:

I saw an Instagram post from someone who stated their DC 3 was one of the 250th comics ever printed. I mean, a book from 1937, before AC 1, its plausible forsure...

But was he just guessing? Is there an actual # of the first 250 comics ever released? I am mainly wondering because I have an AC 4, and it would be cool info to know if that fell into that category as well. Any help in this matter would be appreciated! Thanks!

There is an issue of Comic Book Marketplace that listed the first 1000 comic books in order.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Vandal said:

LOL seriously though, I wonder what action comics 4 is in there.... that book is expensive.

Tec 3 is 163 and Action 4 is 411.

These are just approximate positions as we don't have the information on when most of the these early comics were printed or distributed.

ehhhh its kind of cool to know.

What's the harm?

The dates help you understand where your book fits in a timeline, this sort of information lets you understand  the growth of the total number of titles being published over time.

Edited by Bronty

2 minutes ago, circumstances said:

I'm all for more info, but I wouldn't be announcing on instagram what overall number my comic was published unless it was in the first handful! :D

But with many hundreds of thousands of comics published since then, being in the first 250 is in the first handful, relatively speaking.

I think the person posting on Social media is trying to market their books are more valuable like using colour adjectives to highlight their product to see if they can snag a newbie or speculator thinking oh this is old and its like the first handful of comics it must be worth a fortune... 

Obadiah oldbuck … one day i'll own you and it will be worth a fortune.. its has to be worth a million right... its like number 1 

56 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

Because it's part of social media aka "I'll post whatever stream of consciousness nonsense no one cares about"  world we live in today. 

Intellectual curiosity about the dawn of comics is not the same as making a duck face in the mirror and captioning it “so blessed!”

3 hours ago, seanfingh said:

I may get this tattooed on my arm.

You probably need to use both of them.