• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Brave and the Bold 30
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Beautiful colors and exceptional paper quality for this issue. Nicely machined too on the edges. #30s tends to have tiny diagonal rips (like Marvel pre-chips) on the edges, which often pull off the corner. Technical grade hinges on one thing, IMO. Is there daylight visible through any of those multiple fractures at mid spine?

Edited by James J Johnson

31 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Beautiful colors and exceptional paper quality for this issue. Nicely machined too on the edges. #30s tends to have tiny diagonal rips (like Marvel pre-chips) on the edges, which often pull off the corner. Technical grade hinges on one thing, IMO. Is there daylight visible through any of those multiple fractures at mid spine?

Thanks, I will check for that when I get the book in hand 

22 minutes ago, Rockyjo3 said:

Thanks, I will check for that when I get the book in hand 

This book presents beautifully enough that whatever the technical grade, 5.0 to 6.0, dependent upon if there are tiny splits or "peek-a-boo" areas through the spine in that mid-area of greatest wear, submitted for special consideration, it would definitely earn a CVS exceptional quality sticker, although you really wouldn't need to be told by a sticker what your eyes will tell you in this case, especially if you've seen lots of #30s and the mechanical production errors that I mentioned typically plaguing the issue. Even when they look real nice from the front, the flip side general has overall foxing, edge tone/foxing, and chipping severe enough to dislodge the reading edge corners! The paper and machining is atypically fresh and clean on this one!