• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's hear about a lost and forgotten part of your childhood...
1 1

34 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

One on ebay right now. 4+ days to go and at $155. I’m interested to see what it ends up as. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F184142472896

Are the soldiers unopened tho?  I dont see the comic book.

12 minutes ago, kav said:

Are the soldiers unopened tho?  I dont see the comic book.

No definitely used. I think a sealed one will be tough. There’s an Iwo Jima one up there as well. Same toy but different colors and looks like planes included as well. 

Wow...great stuff from everyone -- thanks! 

Please keep it coming...i.e., more pics or stories or both re: stuff you loved or wanted or had as a kid but had completely forgotten about until (by accident or otherwise) it popped back into your memory as an adult...

My uncle gave me the first 2 of these in the pic when I was little, I think they were my cousins first. They had all the stickers on them and the missiles. They were the envoy of the neighborhood kids. My parents then sold them in a garage sale when I was in college..........If only I could turn back time. I remember the yellow belt thing but not sure on the writing.

Image result for 1970's japanese toy robots

Edited by unclezebo

1 hour ago, unclezebo said:

My uncle gave me the first 2 of these in the pic when I was little, I think they were my cousins first. They had all the stickers on them and the missiles. They were the envoy of the neighborhood kids. My parents then sold them in a garage sale when I was in college..........If only I could turn back time. I remember the yellow belt thing but not sure on the writing.

Image result for 1970's japanese toy robots

I know I wanted one of these bad. I remember my dad taking me to a few places in manhattan to try and find one, but they were sold out. Actually having to physically hunt something down? Eegads. I eventually settled for a copy of the comic.

Edited by the blob

24 minutes ago, the blob said:

I know I wanted one of these bad. I remember my dad taking me to a few places in manhattan to try and find one, but they were sold out. Actually having to physically hunt something down? Eegads. I eventually settled for a copy of the comic.

Omg I hope he didnt have to fight this guy for one

Image result for jingle all the way bad guy

So one evening my dad came home  from work with a Prince Valiant sword and shield set for me and one for my little brother. We had a great time whacking and stabbing at each other. Unfortunately, the pressed tin shield was a LOT sturdier than the blade on the swords, and in under a day both swords were broken. My dad, who was an insurance sales agent and knew everyone in our area, took the swords back to the toy store and got them replaced. Next day, same thing. About the third or fourth time we broke the swords, the shields sort of disappeared, along with the scabbard and belt. Oh well.

lf.jpeg

3 hours ago, EBE said:

So one evening my dad came home  from work with a Prince Valiant sword and shield set for me and one for my little brother. We had a great time whacking and stabbing at each other. Unfortunately, the pressed tin shield was a LOT sturdier than the blade on the swords, and in under a day both swords were broken. My dad, who was an insurance sales agent and knew everyone in our area, took the swords back to the toy store and got them replaced. Next day, same thing. About the third or fourth time we broke the swords, the shields sort of disappeared, along with the scabbard and belt. Oh well.

lf.jpeg

Duct tape makes everything better.

We used to joust, on our bikes, no helmets, no knee pads, shorts on asphalt... Ahhh, the 70s and early 80s when traumatic head injuries were part of growing up.