WTB: Bill Watterson Autograph
2 2

15 posts in this topic

I know this is a long shot but looking to buy a Bill Watterson autograph. I know he used to sign Calvin & Hobbes books sold at his local book store. One of those would be great. There are also some signed prints out there too. 

2 hours ago, jeranimal said:

Great to see another Calvin & Hobbes /Watterson fan.  Good luck with your search.  Not an easy piece to find.  

I love my signed lithograph :x

01.jpg

That's awesome! Congrats! That's exactly what I would love to own.

8 hours ago, buckycap said:

That's awesome! Congrats! That's exactly what I would love to own.

Thanks.  They pop up on Heritage Auctions from time to time.  Five were sold last year with a very wide range of prices. The one that sold in June had some water damage but otherwise I'm not really sure why the prices vary so much.  ???

• Feb 21 2019 $9600
  • May 12 2019 $4541
  • June 19 2019 $3360
  • Aug 1 2019 $6600
  • Nov 21 2019 $7800   

And there was one on eBay w/ water damage in November that sold for $3000.  

If I see anything, I'll let you know!  GLWTS (thumbsu

Update: I was able to pick up a hardcover edition of the 10th Anniversary book signed on the title page by Bill Watterson. It has been authenticated by PSA and the seller told me all of the history of how it was obtained so I am pretty confident that it is the real deal. Should have it in hand in the next couple of days. It wasn't cheap but I wasn't expecting it to be.

Still would love to get one of the prints that jeranimal posted above so I'll keep searching.

Just throwing it out there I have a signed copy of Calvin and Hobbes for sale unread condition from fireside with c.o.a. Kept in sealed plastic smoke free home. asking 4500$

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Nickest1981
Typo
On February 5, 2020 at 10:41 AM, buckycap said:

Update: I was able to pick up a hardcover edition of the 10th Anniversary book signed on the title page by Bill Watterson. It has been authenticated by PSA and the seller told me all of the history of how it was obtained so I am pretty confident that it is the real deal. Should have it in hand in the next couple of days. It wasn't cheap but I wasn't expecting it to be.

Still would love to get one of the prints that jeranimal posted above so I'll keep searching.

Couldn't fit all pics  but have 3 more of close ups . But keeps telling me only allowed 7.81 mb but I know they are less

1 hour ago, seanfingh said:

The $45k ask might be gumming up the processors.

I thought you were making a joke at first, then I realized it's not you.  

Hahaha dude thank you for pointing that out. Just fixed it sorry for the typo. 4500.00. Lol gonna write it out to to make double sure  four thousand five hundred again thank you for pointing it out and a good chuckle at my own stupidity 

14 hours ago, telerites said:

It's at five thousand nine hundred now. The prices are definitely going up over the last few years. Still it's a awesome piece 

3 hours ago, Nickest1981 said:

It's at five thousand nine hundred now. The prices are definitely going up over the last few years. Still it's a awesome piece 

It is not an auction but yeah, I have never made an offer and HA automatically bumps the minimum offer price based on the sale price.  I believe the default is that items won will have the offer available and some folks do not know that and have to manually turn it off.

Not an area I collect but I did read the strip.  Best of luck.