• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

These are not your kids' comics . . . 1990's Comics that are Selling and in Demand
4 4

108 posts in this topic

On 6/14/2020 at 4:20 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Also, the first appearance has a cool Sam Kieth cover (from the story of the first Wolverine and Venom meeting)

Agree. Actually, both covers of MCP 118 (flip book) are good. Keith had some nice MCP covers around that time. 

3 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I am surprised that a lot of those issues haven't taken off. The Kieth covers are really undervalued I think. Love the Byrne homage:

Agree. Those were some of the earliest of Keith doing Wolvie. MCP #85 was his first art on Wolverine. 

On 12/24/2020 at 3:51 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The Wolverine/Venom covers are cool too.

image.png.40d6bde7fb2776b743212bdb17d80a5b.pngimage.png.5da58f1c61c978605f16b0342bffb499.png 

huge print runs? my old LCS had a seemingly endless supply of these in its dollar boxes. As I buy almost anything kieth (and wolvie and venom don't hurt either) I'd buy a stack and 3 days later there would be another stack in there. At some point I just stopped as I may have 7-10 copies of each kieth cover.

Edited by the blob

1 hour ago, the blob said:

huge print runs? my old LCS had a seemingly endless supply of these in its dollar boxes. As I buy almost anything kieth (and wolvie and venom don't hurt either) I'd buy a stack and 3 days later there would be another stack in there. At some point I just stopped as I may have 7-10 copies of each kieth cover.

Yeah, the Kieth covers started just after the BWS Weapon X run, so I'm sure print runs jumped up a bit then, and then we were in full-on '90s speculation. Still, I imagine at some point collectors are going to take notice of these. High availability may keep prices down.