• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing World of DC Comics

6 posts in this topic

So I’m not sure if this belongs here or in another forum, but I wanted everyone’s opinion on these.

A couple summers ago, I hit up a yard sale that was advertising $0.25 comics. It was mostly modern stuff (of course I got there late), but I found a few of these. I bought them mostly on a whim because I’d never seen them before and I loved the black and white art work.

Anyways, I’ve seen them vary in price online and I’d say these are about a 7-8.5, but I’m not the greatest at grading books in the 60’s and 70’s.

My question is less about the grade and more about if anyone thinks they are worth officially graded? I only have the 6 issues and not the full set, so I’m conflicted on submitting them vs just throwing them in a box and calling it a day.

6B12BB09-1E64-4E76-B9A8-0601D1C86AE3.jpeg

These are definitely at home here!  Love these myself, and have all but one. At a nearly $45 cost per to grade, you would likely exceed the value of most of them, and then they’re really difficult to read. Lol. I would recommend enjoying them as they are. Very good buy!

5 hours ago, RelicHunter said:

So I’m not sure if this belongs here or in another forum, but I wanted everyone’s opinion on these.

A couple summers ago, I hit up a yard sale that was advertising $0.25 comics. It was mostly modern stuff (of course I got there late), but I found a few of these. I bought them mostly on a whim because I’d never seen them before and I loved the black and white art work.

Anyways, I’ve seen them vary in price online and I’d say these are about a 7-8.5, but I’m not the greatest at grading books in the 60’s and 70’s.

My question is less about the grade and more about if anyone thinks they are worth officially graded? I only have the 6 issues and not the full set, so I’m conflicted on submitting them vs just throwing them in a box and calling it a day.

I think that most people who want these want them to read, so I doubt slabbing would be worth the cost.  I need to track down the #9 for my Legion collection one of these years...

21 hours ago, OtherEric said:

I think that most people who want these want them to read, so I doubt slabbing would be worth the cost.  I need to track down the #9 for my Legion collection one of these years...

If you ever decided to do it, let me know. I’m thinking these are cool, but not really within the focus of what I’m hunting for.

On 1/25/2020 at 12:43 PM, RelicHunter said:

A couple summers ago, I hit up a yard sale that was advertising $0.25 comics.

My question is less about the grade and more about if anyone thinks they are worth officially graded? 

Books like these are definitely meant to be read.  (thumbsu

All I can is that if you were lucky enough and managed to get these at $0.25 a shot, you should be ecstatic since that's an absolute  steal of a deal for you.  :wishluck:  :whee:

On 1/29/2020 at 12:54 AM, lou_fine said:

Books like these are definitely meant to be read.  (thumbsu

All I can is that if you were lucky enough and managed to get these at $0.25 a shot, you should be ecstatic since that's an absolute  steal of a deal for you.  :wishluck:  :whee:

I think I just got insanely lucky because they were in a box with a bunch of other comic mags, like Wizard Magizine. So most of the hunters around here probably saw those sticking out of the box and moved on. I, on the other hand, have no reservations about digging through a box of throwaways in the hopes of finding something unique.