• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Concerned about top side of CGC graded comic

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys I’m concerned about the top edge of my CGc graded book of 1st appearance carnage. It opens up quite a little. I bought it off eBay and the seller said he went to grade it, got it, and listed it. I believe the seller is an actual comic book shop located out of state. 

Here’s a video link of me showing the comics edge: 

Thanks in advance!! 

Edited by NHRoccodog

that's normal they should have a bit of give the way to check if its tampered is to look at the posts for older slabs to see if they are broken of if there is serious cracks throughout and on the new ones they seal the sides of the cases. so someone would have to break it and crack it to get it open.. 

34 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

that's normal they should have a bit of give the way to check if its tampered is to look at the posts for older slabs to see if they are broken of if there is serious cracks throughout and on the new ones they seal the sides of the cases. so someone would have to break it and crack it to get it open.. 

Ok got it so I shouldn’t worry bout anything then? 

9 minutes ago, NHRoccodog said:

Ok got it so I shouldn’t worry bout anything then? 

yeah your good also on lower/mid grade books you can always check the graders notes to make sure the defects line up with the label and book.