• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yard sale rants
1 1

60 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I get freaks like that from time to time when I set up at flea markets. I just take them away, turn my back and talk to someone else. 

Here’s one. I set up at Terry’s con every year. I have various boxes of half price Marvel & DC GA/SA/BA. I also have boxes of higher priced similar books. I got some kid mix ‘em up and tell me they were all half price stuff. Come on, like I’m some dumb old geezer that doesn’t know any better? I ended up just taking them out of his hands and told him to get lost. 

This year, I got smart and put a tiny red dot on the higher priced ones. Guess what? Two kids tried the same thing and looked all astonished when I pointed it out. Away they slinked with their tails between their legs like bad puppies...:roflmao:

You're not dealing with a millennial here boys.

2 minutes ago, Batgirlwholaughs said:

You can tell alot about a person by their avatars, lol

What is yours about

I think I saw it before

A movie right?

oh yeah-the greatest realistic super hero movie of all time-BOY WONDER

When I was cleaning up, there was a WW1 trench knife missing. I remembered a guy looking at it and tried to remember where else he had been looking. I also was thinking about is it worth confronting someone who you know has an incredibly dangerous weapon on him.  As I was adding some new stock today, the knife turned up.

12 minutes ago, Batgirlwholaughs said:

Do you think you just missed it?

Yesterday I was baking cookies and I couldn't find my sifter

I'm assuming somebody put it down where they shouldn't. I was pretty unorganized, but it was by design.

32 minutes ago, Batgirlwholaughs said:

Probably!

It happens to all of us

hasnt happened to me-yet!

11 hours ago, shadroch said:

When I was cleaning up, there was a WW1 trench knife missing. I remembered a guy looking at it and tried to remember where else he had been looking. I also was thinking about is it worth confronting someone who you know has an incredibly dangerous weapon on him.  As I was adding some new stock today, the knife turned up.

One more reason to be armed yourself.

:)

-slym

Maybe this is the main reason I don’t haggle with a comic book dealer at a show about price. I try to respect the amount of work, skill and patience it takes setting up a show (I volunteered helping at a con with the guys from my LCS so I could experience a con from the other side of the table) and I saw the steady stream of thoughtless, unstable, unreasonable, disrespectful and straight up insufficiently_thoughtful_persons that seem to just hang out kicking the tires so to speak and making authoritative statements about this book or that book. One guy set his greasy hamburger paper plate on top of a box of slabs while he blabbered away about the depth and scope of his collection. 

now there were some great costumers but they were far outweighed by the bad

can’t imagine how stupid a yard sale would/can get but sounded as you handled it with patience should be commended.  

Edited by NoMan

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Only ever had 1 bad yard sale experience (that I can remember). Guy offered me $10 for an entire book of Yu-Gi-Oh cards that, at the time, were worth thousands. I had to tell him to leave at some point (he was acting like a pr!ck).

I know the feeling!

So I get to my property about 11:15AM and one of my guys tells me a guy in a suit was here and just left.Said he was from Consumer Affairs.  Imthinking I cant believe the woman complained and especially cant believe they responded so quick.About a half hour later this man walks in that looks like he could be a linebacker. Im 6'3ish and he .was a good bit taller.

He introduces himself and says he is the  Field Agent for the US Consumer Agency in the Tucson area and is here to give me a list of recalled items I shouldn't be selling. 

Says he gets down this way once every few months but gives me a number to call if I have questions about a specific item and left behind a couple of pamplets.