• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Museum Exhibit
1 1

36 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

John,

you took pics of stuff that I didnt and glad you and the family had a good time. I should have gone with you.

Someone gave us free tickets so we’re going again!

We need to get together for some Pho 🍲 soon.

15 hours ago, piper said:

The show is in Edmonton for another 3 or 4 weeks.

thanks it might be a little to late though for a trip to Edmonton and cost a bit more from Toronto... where when it goes to MI Henry ford museum I think I can do a 6 hour car ride across the boarder over to there and do a long weekend trip in the spring/summer.

but is it good? so far the pics are nice!!

22 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

thanks it might be a little to late though for a trip to Edmonton and cost a bit more from Toronto... where when it goes to MI Henry ford museum I think I can do a 6 hour car ride across the boarder over to there and do a long weekend trip in the spring/summer.

but is it good? so far the pics are nice!!

Well worth it!

Went with my wife to the exhibit yesterday, Feb 13.

I was absolutely in love with the Original art on display, so many iconic pieces.  There were also a few comics on display like AF 15 and FF1 that were nice to see but they were very low grade.  Also a nice display of Marvel toys and merchandise and Foom mags.  Lots of movie props and costumes that didn't really interest me.

It was interesting to watch other people go through the display.  Couple school groups that blasted through ignoring the Original Art and comics and spending most of their time posing with the Thing statue or the Spider-man statue.  While it's nice to see that these characters resonate with young people I'm not sure that will translate to the OA or comics in the future.

Also noticed a guy in his late 30s or early 40s spending a lot of time examining the OA.  Clearly he was as interested as I and I would have loved to talk to him but figured my wife would get bored.

5 minutes ago, Ant-Man said:

I went this past weekend, and very glad I did. For those concerned about going to a museum 15 months into a pandemic, there was an after-hours option when the rest of the exhibits were closed. Tickets are sold with varying admission times (and they were checked). I thought the staff was safety-conscious, controlling the initial headcount into each gallery, and guests were offered a stylus to touch screens and other interactive displays.

This was advertised as the only surviving original page from Marvel Comics #1.

Last_Marvel_comics_1_page.thumb.jpg.957a4bef53714722ac0f2fe704a984be.jpg

Omg I have several pages from that book as well as the cover-I had no idea they were worth anything!