• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fading on a 9.8?

11 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Am I losing my mind or is the 9.8 below I am potentially looking to make an offer on faded? Upon closer inspecttion some 9.2 raw copies seem to be colorful and vibrant. Thank you so much for any feedback everyone I really appreciiate it.

1264494650_ScreenShot2020-01-27at21_26_40.png.377dcd6b69928e4012d7faa236903d03.png

Edited by Ghazi
Spelling mistake

It doesn't have the look that faded comics/magazines have. There can be color variations within a print run. Some copies look brighter and more colorful and some look less so. Maybe that's what we're looking at here. Kinda hard to tell with that crappy picture :makepoint:

4 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's still an LQ photo, and images of raw comics will always appear better than pictures of slabs.

Educated guess: Side-by-side, the raw and the encapsulated comics would look quite the same.

Thanks theCapraAegagrus. i was told that the CGC pic was a high resolutiun but I think you are right its a bad photo perhaps too...Thank you again! :)

A high resolution photo would be large. That one is is thumbnail sized, about 500 x 700 pixels.

Crappy picture notwithstanding, it doesn’t look faded to me, and the variations from the 2 pictures are most likely because they were made on 2 different scanners with different settings to boot, and one was trying to capture the image though the slab. With different settings and adjustments, they might look like this:

conan.jpg

conan 2.jpg

Edited by Dick Pontoon

1 hour ago, Pontoon said:

A high resolution photo would be large. That one is is thumbnail sized, about 500 x 700 pixels

Gosh Pontoon thank you so much! Man I have a lot to learn about scanners and such! I really appreciate your feedback and nice trick with the scans ;)

Edited by Ghazi
spelling mistake

3 hours ago, Ghazi said:

Gosh Pontoon thank you so much! Man I have a lot to learn about scanners and such! I really appreciate your feedback and nice trick with the scans ;)

He's a tricky one, that spoon pontoon.