Fading on a 9.8?

11 posts in this topic

113 posts

Hi Everyone,

Am I losing my mind or is the 9.8 below I am potentially looking to make an offer on faded? Upon closer inspecttion some 9.2 raw copies seem to be colorful and vibrant. Thank you so much for any feedback everyone I really appreciiate it.

1264494650_ScreenShot2020-01-27at21_26_40.png.377dcd6b69928e4012d7faa236903d03.png

Edited by Ghazi
Spelling mistake

5,797 posts

It looks ridiculously blurry, but not faded.

113 posts
3 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

It looks ridiculously blurry, but not faded.

Thank you Lazyboy :)

53,288 posts

It doesn't have the look that faded comics/magazines have. There can be color variations within a print run. Some copies look brighter and more colorful and some look less so. Maybe that's what we're looking at here. Kinda hard to tell with that crappy picture :makepoint:

113 posts

Thank you Jeffro. and theCapraAegagrus :) Sorry about the terrible picture.Here is the oriiginal scanned photo of the one I think might be faded next to the same issue but not faded!

sav2.1298a.jpg

sav2.1374a.jpg

12,149 posts

It's still an LQ photo, and images of raw comics will always appear better than pictures of slabs.

Educated guess: Side-by-side, the raw and the encapsulated comics would look quite the same.

113 posts
4 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's still an LQ photo, and images of raw comics will always appear better than pictures of slabs.

Educated guess: Side-by-side, the raw and the encapsulated comics would look quite the same.

Thanks theCapraAegagrus. i was told that the CGC pic was a high resolutiun but I think you are right its a bad photo perhaps too...Thank you again! :)

16,580 posts

A high resolution photo would be large. That one is is thumbnail sized, about 500 x 700 pixels.

Crappy picture notwithstanding, it doesn’t look faded to me, and the variations from the 2 pictures are most likely because they were made on 2 different scanners with different settings to boot, and one was trying to capture the image though the slab. With different settings and adjustments, they might look like this:

conan.jpg

conan 2.jpg

Edited by Dick Pontoon

113 posts
1 hour ago, Pontoon said:

A high resolution photo would be large. That one is is thumbnail sized, about 500 x 700 pixels

Gosh Pontoon thank you so much! Man I have a lot to learn about scanners and such! I really appreciate your feedback and nice trick with the scans ;)

Edited by Ghazi
spelling mistake

15,610 posts
3 hours ago, Ghazi said:

Gosh Pontoon thank you so much! Man I have a lot to learn about scanners and such! I really appreciate your feedback and nice trick with the scans ;)

He's a tricky one, that spoon pontoon.