• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about being scammed on Ebay

81 posts in this topic

If I bought a Woodgod, I would hire a film crew to document the $##@ out of it.

Edited by kav

19 minutes ago, Steelrain41 said:

These are the photos I took when I got the book

IMG_20200124_153116793.jpg

IMG_20200124_153953949.jpg

IMG_20200124_154014236.jpg

Based on these images, if this is the same book that was represented as 7.0 to 7.5, even without considering the trim or the detachment issue; even if the cover was firmly attached, 7.0 to 7.5 is a vastly overstated assessment by about a factor of 2. This is a trimmed VG book at best. Thousands she's out? She didn't pay thousands for this and expect to break even. A dealer who would might as well trade cows for  magic beans. Point this thread out to ebay and let them see how long standing, knowledgeable hobbyists assess its value and it's blatant misrepresentation on ebay.

the op already stated he knew it wasn't 7.0 and thought it was a solid mid-grade.  You can have that with a staple loose, however it is very difficult to see the

staple holes (of removed extra staples) seeing how the inside pics are so small. 

1 minute ago, boatfund said:

the op already stated he knew it wasn't 7.0 and thought it was a solid mid-grade.  You can have that with a staple loose, however it is very difficult to see the

staple holes (of removed extra staples) seeing how the inside pics are so small. 

This is the only close up of the interior I took.

IMG_20200124_154025853.jpg

"I am not a professional grader, however, I use Overstreet grading practices and have not had any grading disputes on my books."
All 3 of them I've sold-Calling All Girls Comic Magazines Issues #5, #22 and #50 .  lol 

Sorry, What I meant was in the ebay ad you could not clearly see the holes of staples taken out, didn't mention that in the ad and should have been.

The cover loose at one staple is different than cover loose at one staple and extra staples removed (and knocking it down farther in grade) and it probably would

have made you ask why did it have extra staples added to begin with.

3 minutes ago, boatfund said:

Sorry, What I meant was in the ebay ad you could not clearly see the holes of staples taken out, didn't mention that in the ad and should have been.

The cover loose at one staple is different than cover loose at one staple and extra staples removed (and knocking it down farther in grade) and it probably would

have made you ask why did it have extra staples added to begin with.

Ah I see what you mean. 

I sold @Steelrain41 a Subby 1 on these boards and all I got back was a nice shout-out thank you when he posted in a "new in your collection" thread (silver? General?)

I can't reconcile that with the idea that he scammed an eBay seller to snatch a trimmed Flash 123 cover. If I have to bet on someone pulling a fast one here, my money is on the lady carping of FB.

Whoever the seller is they’re just another in a long line of garbage sellers on eBay.  The only purpose they have is to scam buyers.  This seller seems to fit the bill.  I never buy anything of substance off eBay because of this.  Any chance the OP can post their actual name so we can steer clear outside of eBay?