• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about being scammed on Ebay

81 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

Sorry guys was out for the night  Tried to invite the seller to the thread but mods deleted it. 

It's in low grade comics on FB.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1263408677013075?view=permalink&id=2892094684144458

I can't use the link, if you can still see the sale can you screen shot it for me? Just in case eBay doesn't side with me.

9 hours ago, Readcomix said:

I sold @Steelrain41 a Subby 1 on these boards and all I got back was a nice shout-out thank you when he posted in a "new in your collection" thread (silver? General?)

I can't reconcile that with the idea that he scammed an eBay seller to snatch a trimmed Flash 123 cover. If I have to bet on someone pulling a fast one here, my money is on the lady carping of FB.

I appreciate it

1 hour ago, Steelrain41 said:

I can't use the link, if you can still see the sale can you screen shot it for me? Just in case eBay doesn't side with me.

Dude are you kidding. The comic was resisted on eBay with a cover on it eveni. How would eBay not side with you?   The seller should be banned from the site forever. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F312963781591&campid=5338116315&customid=CGCForum&toolid=10001

Edited by Axmen

4 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

I don’t want to be an azz and I’m glad the OP got his dough back, but as a general caveat, unless you know the seller I would recommend avoiding big ticket purchases from sellers who’ve only been on ebay for a few months with a track record of 2 sales.

It's definitely a lesson learned and I should've known better. One of many of the things I've taken away from this experience. I think I'm going to take a break from comics in general unless I buy them in person. The whole thing just left a bad taste in my mouth.

1 minute ago, Steelrain41 said:

It's definitely a lesson learned and I should've known better. One of many of the things I've taken away from this experience. I think I'm going to take a break from comics in general unless I buy them in person. The whole thing just left a bad taste in my mouth.

There's plenty of good sellers on ebay, including a lot of board members.

3 hours ago, Steelrain41 said:

I'm sure we've all been in the same boat a time or two. Just stick with reputable sellers and you'll be fine... 

inbound4868832039093292574.thumb.jpg.1dec825c88118ced764fc21b7c9501c4.jpg

23 hours ago, kav said:

make sure to call ebay and tell them she has relisted the book-with the cover-otherwise they may give her a 'refund' 

The listing was edited to include the buyers complaint including his report of the staple separation and put up when the buyer put the book back in the mail. As soon as the package was recieved and opened, the cover was gone and that listing came down. DATES ARE EVERYTHING. Pay attention. His package was sent from the other side of the US on the 24th. It wasn't recieved until the 27th. There is no possible way that listing was up 4 days AFTER receiving the book back. It has been 2 days...The EDITED listing was taken down THE SAME DAY (the 27th) the package was delivered. After a police report and provided evidence, Ebay refunded the scammer and closed his ebay account and is refunding the seller 100%. Ebay has tracking information and DATE AND TIME STAMPS on every listing and edit to listings on their platform. They also see what DATE the listing was put up and taken down which corresponds to other evidence provided to them. Facts matter people. Someone here is seeking attention and is a scam artist. Oh, you can see the book relisted currently on Mercari as a COVERLESS copy. 100% feedback on EVERY transaction on ebay EXCEPT his. You do the math.  That's all I have to say about this and I won't be responding again. Don't be fooled by a scammer trying to stroke his ego who got caught. Screen shots  of return envelope, ebay response to seller and of the listing that went up on mercari early this morning. 

inbound3248374376026338194.jpg

inbound1935246829593338491.jpg

inbound4868832039093292574.jpg

Edited by Marisa Love
Spelling errors/additional information noting uploaded screenshots explaining what they are.

So this is my last comment on here, decide what you will but my good name and integrity mean everything to me. If I had wanted attention I'd have posted to people who know me in Facebook not come on here to people who don't know me purely asking advice since this is new to me. There's no gain to me destroying the cover. I was already getting a refund and destroying the book would just jeopardize that. If I was going to scam I wouldn't have sent anything back. A badly trimmed cover with removed staple holes isn't worth jeopardizing a $680 refund not is it worth the headache of dealing with accusations. I have 73 comments on eBay that are all extremely positive, plus the people who I've bought from on the boards haven't had any problems either. There's no gain in this for me. And for the comment that my page eBay was shut down is not true. At the end of the day it's word against word. I know how I sent it out. I appreciate the advice and support from the people on here. 

If I were a juror, I would have to side with the purchaser that sent it back. If I were a person that did what was said here and wanted to keep my rep, I would have done exactly what the seller "allegedly" did - remove the cover, claim it was never returned with the book, and play victim to keep their rep with a bonus of still having the book and getting money back from ebay.

I do not believe the OP would be posting here in the first place if he was the one at fault in this deal as it appears the seller didn't even know of this forum. Why would a scammer want to draw attention to himself here in the first place and open himself up to the fine detectives here? Nope, I think the seller is just really smart at what she does and she did damage control to keep her FB rep from going down the drain from the get-go, starting with her first comment about it.

Like Judge Judy says, "if it doesn't make sense, then it's probably not true". 

22 hours ago, Marisa Love said:

inbound4868832039093292574.thumb.jpg.1dec825c88118ced764fc21b7c9501c4.jpg

The listing was edited to include the buyers complaint including his report of the staple separation and put up when the buyer put the book back in the mail. As soon as the package was recieved and opened, the cover was gone and that listing came down. DATES ARE EVERYTHING. Pay attention. His package was sent from the other side of the US on the 24th. It wasn't recieved until the 27th. There is no possible way that listing was up 4 days AFTER receiving the book back. It has been 2 days...The EDITED listing was taken down THE SAME DAY (the 27th) the package was delivered. After a police report and provided evidence, Ebay refunded the scammer and closed his ebay account and is refunding the seller 100%. Ebay has tracking information and DATE AND TIME STAMPS on every listing and edit to listings on their platform. They also see what DATE the listing was put up and taken down which corresponds to other evidence provided to them. Facts matter people. Someone here is seeking attention and is a scam artist. Oh, you can see the book relisted currently on Mercari as a COVERLESS copy. 100% feedback on EVERY transaction on ebay EXCEPT his. You do the math.  That's all I have to say about this and I won't be responding again. Don't be fooled by a scammer trying to stroke his ego who got caught. Screen shots  of return envelope, ebay response to seller and of the listing that went up on mercari early this morning. 

inbound3248374376026338194.jpg

inbound1935246829593338491.jpg

inbound4868832039093292574.jpg

Drive by posting by the seller trying to save face but won't respond again... blah blah blah, seen this story before. And your evidence is as weak as your scam. Don't let the door hit'cha on the way out.