• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics 4, and qualified/universal grade... how does it work?

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, quick question for you all...

I have acquired an action comics 4 that was coverless from PGX. Of course, I wanted it OUT of that slab and into a CGC slab asap.

It is quite apparent that someone had glued a cover/back cover on the first/last page of the book (as you can see on the spine), then removed it and sent it to be graded by PGX . I have since then removed the comic itself from the PGX slab, counted the pages myself and can confirm every page is there, then I got a color xerox copy of the front cover/back cover (with interior cover) and attached it with archival tape because I looooove this cover!

I know that if I sent it in to get universal grade it would get a "NO GRADE", but could I send it in to get qualified grade? If yes, would it be more then "NO GRADE"? I have uploaded pictures of the book, one with it in the PGX slab. Notes from PGX grading: (Coverless / Tape along spine & top edge, brittle at three corners), and the other pic shows it removed from the PGX slab, with the color copy cover attached. 

I can confirm that the book is brittle especially the first page, but the rest of the book is actually in decent shape. 

Please let me know! Thanks!

-Ryan

75627274_10157514961676480_4448595149441728512_o (2).jpg

79502911_10157597008816480_9074136015106473984_o (2).jpg

Edited by Ryan Vandal
spelled question wrong.

interesting to hear what others think.. I have not heard of a green label no cover book.. I believe the green label is more for the high to mid grade books I think there was a discussion on that in another thread.. where you wont find a green label book on a GD or 2.0 book. on a repro cover front and back.. not sure you might be better off waiting to see if you can ever find a Action comics #4 cover if one even exists and doing a married copy... but that might be impossible who knows... 

but I have to agree with the GOAT that I think it would still get NG and can't get a green label for a complete repro cover front and back..