• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade this Green Hornet #18!
1 1

20 posts in this topic

Has the feel of a mid-to-higher-grade book, fresh and glossy with vibrant colors. Everything is attached at the single staple. But some moisture stains as shown. Staple has rust with a bit of transfer to the centerfold. A faint tideline is visible along the top margin for the first 6-7 interior pages, but the book is not stained all the way through. What do you think?

greenhornet18.thumb.jpg.e625ab8c602a488a6aa3f6199d92e098.jpg

greenhornet18back.jpg.ce79a7cca1d4ce55ff61b9a574b78076.jpg

greenhornet18pg.JPG.da7b4874deca34f8acffaa69614e5814.JPG

Just now, JeffJohn123 said:

Again, if it was SA, i'd have said 3.5, but I reckon if you press and clean it may come back a 4.0

Normally they give around one point leeway for Gold Age. I've got an All-Flash that has a detached top staple amongst other things, silver age and that would have been 3.5 all day, but it's a 4.0.

Oh, & I'd have to say for sure a 3.75 on the grade....a sweet-looking 3.5....or a poor man's 4.0

Or how bout this....

A 3.0 if the grader hasn't gotten laid in a while...

A 3.5 it's he's gotten lucky in the last 3-5 days...

Or a 4.0 if he got a BJ that morning before work.  :D xD :pullhair: :sick: :D

....2c....

5 hours ago, Top City Comics said:

Oh, & I'd have to say for sure a 3.75 on the grade....a sweet-looking 3.5....or a poor man's 4.0

Or how bout this....

A 3.0 if the grader hasn't gotten laid in a while...

A 3.5 it's he's gotten lucky in the last 3-5 days...

Or a 4.0 if he got a BJ that morning before work.  :D xD :pullhair: :sick: :D

....2c....

Hey, watch it! This is a family thread. (Well, except for the racist cover that is.)

A passing kangaroo just asked me my own opinion of the grade. :) I'd guess it's a 4.0, as the book is overall fresh and glossy in hand. Given CGC's recent standards appear to have loosened a bit, I'd be very surprised if this came back a 3.0. I could see a 3.5.

Just one random data point, but here is a CGC 3.0 I noticed in my travels yesterday that seems worse across every metric:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Police-Cases-29-CGC-3-0-C-OW-Matt-Baker-Gangster-Cover/392646905110?hash=item5b6b944d16:g:xBQAAOSwmXteJh40