• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping Comics to CGC
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Please forgive me if this has been asked before.  I am looking to ship about 3 comics to CGC for grading.  One of the comics is pretty high in value and I was wanting to get the opinion of the group on the best way to send them.  USPS, Fed Ex, or UPS.  I plan on packaging very securely and purchasing insurance as well.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

19 hours ago, swarscollector said:

Please forgive me if this has been asked before.  I am looking to ship about 3 comics to CGC for grading.  One of the comics is pretty high in value and I was wanting to get the opinion of the group on the best way to send them.  USPS, Fed Ex, or UPS.  I plan on packaging very securely and purchasing insurance as well.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My first choice for shipping valuable comics is FedEx. I've never had a problem with their service. I can't say that about the other two companies...

Brown tape with no shine is used so the Post Office can red stamp the tape to show no breaks.Clear tape can be redone and makes it harder to see all the seams.I would send it USPS registered mail if you have high value books these books have to be locked away at shipping stations going to Florida I have used them with no problem very often in the past.

If the value is high enough, it probably makes sense to send it with an armed courier or have Jason Statham drive it to Florida.  To the OP, "pretty high value" is relative, the right answer might actually depend on the value.  So you can provide more info to get a better answer (I'd be understandably nervous about telling internet strangers I have a million dollar comic), or not.

Good luck.