• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and Bold (PMG)

11 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Awesome book, but can you please tell me what is going on with that gash starting at aqualad's head and heading towards the edge of the book? Is it a fold, a tear or a scratch?

Good eye, i didn't even notice that. Looks to be a fold of some kind, if you open the book you can see the crease on the inside of the cover as well. 

I wonder if that's something that could be pressed away?

4 minutes ago, apeg said:

Good eye, i didn't even notice that. Looks to be a fold of some kind, if you open the book you can see the crease on the inside of the cover as well. 

I wonder if that's something that could be pressed away?

Those are rough to press away but not impossible. 

But I did notice something else worse than this, the book has a lengthwide subscritpion crease. it is most apparent on robin's costume. Not sure if that lighter coloured line is a colour break or not. If it is, that would bring the book down to anything between a 4.0-6.0 depending on what CGC thinks (in overstreet guide, lenthwise subscription ceases are allowed only in the 4.0 range).

3 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Those are rough to press away but not impossible. 

But I did notice something else worse than this, the book has a lengthwide subscritpion crease. it is most apparent on robin's costume. Not sure if that lighter coloured line is a colour break or not. If it is, that would bring the book down to anything between a 4.0-6.0 depending on what CGC thinks (in overstreet guide, lenthwise subscription ceases are allowed only in the 4.0 range).

That crease is a product of my sub-par scanner, looking at the book under light i don't see any creases inside or out on the cover. 

Good eye Will, already looking at the comics different when i pull them out. 

25 minutes ago, apeg said:

That crease is a product of my sub-par scanner, looking at the book under light i don't see any creases inside or out on the cover. 

Good eye Will, already looking at the comics different when i pull them out. 

That is excellent news for you, very happy about that. And you know what, I do recomend you send this in for pressing since there is no colour break. For a book like this, it's worth the press in case of a grade bump. By that I mean, the extra worth of a grade bump outweighs the price of a press so much that it's worth the gamble, at least to me. 

51 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

That is excellent news for you, very happy about that. And you know what, I do recomend you send this in for pressing since there is no colour break. For a book like this, it's worth the press in case of a grade bump. By that I mean, the extra worth of a grade bump outweighs the price of a press so much that it's worth the gamble, at least to me. 

Thanks for the tip, i think i'll do exactly that

34 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

I would feel confidant putting this at 6.0 as is, but it would certainly benefit from a cleaning (especially the back) which could put it to 6.5 (or more?)

Is there an advantage to getting the book cleaned now? or should i wait until right before i get the book graded?

4 hours ago, apeg said:

Thanks for the tip, i think i'll do exactly that

Is there an advantage to getting the book cleaned now? or should i wait until right before i get the book graded?

I don't think the timing of it matters much, so long as it gets a good dry cleaning at some point before grading.