• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Monday Auctions...
2 2

43 posts in this topic

Now that is has been a few weeks of HA splitting there sunday auction into 2 sessions with the art falling on Monday what do we think? Personally I am not really a fan as a buyer and think I would be even more upset as a seller. It is starting at 6pm eastern time on a workday.. I was interested in something this week in the earlier part and found myself rushing home from work to try to live bid. I would love to hear others thoughts?

2 hours ago, dirtymartini1 said:

they should lower the buy fees on monday to 10% for a time. That would drive some action and get people in the rhythm of the change.

yeah right.jpg

Actually not a bad idea about the bp. Count me among those who keep forgetting about Monday. I suppose I'd be more attentive if stuff really interested me, which hasn't been the case.

On 1/30/2020 at 3:08 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I’ve sold two pieces of artwork for more than expected and also picked up a piece for well below FMV.  So far, so good for me 👍🏻

Did you find that there was a lot of late bidding on your items?

Im unsure about this as well. I have about 130 lots coming up on Monday Auctions over the next few months. Im really not wanting to find out how this is gonna pan out. Would a Saturday Night auction be better?

I don't know why HA is trying to reinvent the wheel here. There is so much data that ebay auctions do best on Sunday night at 7pm PST/10pm EST or secondarily the same time Tuesday-Thursday. They should look at comics vs OA, see which one brings in more money, and leave that on Sunday. Move the other to Wed night... might be a little buzz in the air after everyone gets their weekly comics.

2 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

I don't know why HA is trying to reinvent the wheel here.

I would mildly suggest that they have very good reason based on information we are not privvy to. My guess - they see just how much volume is already in the hopper or likely to soon be under contract for the remainder of the year and had a small come to Jesus moment ;)

22 hours ago, vodou said:

I would mildly suggest that they have very good reason based on information we are not privvy to. My guess - they see just how much volume is already in the hopper or likely to soon be under contract for the remainder of the year and had a small come to Jesus moment ;)

Sounds like somebody already heard that HA is going to add a 5th Signature Auction due to all the supply coming down the pike. :fear: