• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Monday Auctions...
2 2

43 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, John E. said:

It does look like a backing board but the measurements say it’s almost 11x17 with the frame even bigger. 

I’m not following the Garfield stuff but if I forget to check the week’s offerings on HA until Wednesday or Thursday, the Davis stuff already seems strong midweek for such a flood in inventory. I agree that you can sink a few hundred dollars into a piece and not look back. At some point there won’t be any on a weekly basis—just like those Don Newton pages on eBay

Those Don Newton pages were insane. I was surprised at how well the market absorbed them. There was a pent up desire for them I guess.

5 hours ago, John E. said:

Comic art didn’t get the memo that the economy is tanking. Now that investors are buying back into the market, prices are less likely to fatigue. Maybe OA is seen as a safehaven?

Bill Cox from CAF shares a similar opinion:

https://www.comicartfans.com/Blog.asp?bId=174

5 hours ago, John E. said:

This week saw an eBay sale of a Batgirl page by Parobeck from Batman Adventures #12 for $2050 in the middle of a tanked stock market. Was that high or low? Don’t know 🤷‍♂️  But it’s a strong price for Parobeck page without Harley. If a dealer bought it, betcha it’s gonna have a $4k+ price tag on it by the end of the week. Then there’s a $2500 sale for a McVenom sketch.

A JSC Gen13 page just sold for $4,500 too:

https://www.flippertools.com/tools/ebayOfferHistory/ebay-best-offer-actual-price.htm?itemId=383472599263