• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hottest Era of Comics! Can you pick which one has been hottest?

33 posts in this topic

I'd say Gold. PCH and GGA seem to be all the rage with the flippers I see on Instagram. Hard to find deals on GA at all these days.

Not a ton of activity but those that played along i hope had fun.

In 5th place is  . . moderns!  2,233,047 total items up for sale and 444,841 sold for a percentage of 20.0% sold vs available.

And in 1st Place is  . . Bronze! 592,271 total items up for sale and 180,420 sold for a percentage of 30.5% sold vs available

I for one was completely wrong and it may come down to what was said previously.  A ton of modern books are just too cheap to justify the shipping and the gold books are prices too insanely high that not a lot are selling.

I would have guessed copper but it does make sense how it would be bronze/silver.  Most copper stuff is just too cheap to justify the shipping costs.  Furthermore, much copper age is readily available in decent condition at LCS's.  I know all the copper keys come through my LCS on a very regular basis multiple times per year, except for early TMNT and stuff like that.  

If I wanted a X-Men 266 , ASM 300, or any New Mutants, I could wait a month and they would get one if they don't have one already.

Silver on the other hand, while I have seen plenty of nice books / semi-keys that I have bought on impulse, I have never seen one in particular that I have previously wanted at that precise moment.  Like if you want a TTA 44 or 52, an JIM 89, 103, 112, or any pre-1965 silver really, it is very unlikely they will have a copy of one of those, never even mind it being in decent condition.  ebay is your best shot on something like that.