• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers 85 - Print defect or wear & tear?

8 posts in this topic

I just bought a lot of avengers, some dude selling his dad's old collection.  Have you ever seen something like this?  It doesn't seem like it's tanned, or bleached.  Almost looks like the  printer missed inking the corner completely.

It doesn't carry through to the interior page, which makes me think it's more printing defect than anything else.  Also the colors in that bottom quadrant aren’t “faded” they’re just completely absent.

I laid it next to the proper version for visual comparison.  Who has a theory on what’s going on here?

D848E2F0-D10A-4C14-BCBB-F41F2E515D9E.jpeg

CAE79C98-0D15-45FD-8D27-92F8A1142C79.jpeg

1 hour ago, The Lions Den said:

...and there's nothing we can do to save it...nothing! 

image.png.621fb89afe4c08239d1ec7e954ec6dc5.png

lol brilliant as usual.

I would in my amateur experience would guess faded as there is a gradient to the yellow missing where I would suspect missing ink wouldn't have a gradient of fading they just wouldn't be there. I believe yellow colours fade first. 

You all are the best, thank you.  I figured the simplest answer of fading would be the conclusion, but I’ve never seen such a complete color wash like that.

Public Service Announcement:  keep your comics in a cool, dark environment!!!