• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ghosted for no reason
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I don't usually buy/sell/trade stuff on the boards but recently decided to try and trade for Silver Surfer 4.  would like to mention I have bought books before from boardies without issue.

I got a reply from someone interested within a day of posting. I then replied back and the person didn't respond for over a week.

I saw the user online by checking there profile and decided to send a new message to them and ask if they were getting my message. Days go by and nothing, user still comes online. probably put me on ignore list.

I will not mention the users name but I find this extremely childish. I don't get why you cant just let me know your not interested anymore. Instead of leaving someone hanging while you continue to come online and post stuff. 

I have had this happen to me on Instagram and stopped buying/posting there because this happened a few times in a row. I guess now people on the boards are doing this too. Has anyone else had this happen to them on the boards?

I would recommend selling the book or books you were offering  to trade, and use the proceeds to purchase the SS4.  I find it's real hard to find someone that wants the offered trades, and has the book you want.  I know that's not what this thread is about but, it's something to consider going forward.

3 hours ago, comicdonna said:

I would recommend selling the book or books you were offering  to trade, and use the proceeds to purchase the SS4.  I find it's real hard to find someone that wants the offered trades, and has the book you want.  I know that's not what this thread is about but, it's something to consider going forward.

After trying for over weeks I think this is probably gonna be the best option.

3 minutes ago, comics4all said:

What books  were you trying to sell/trade?

Silver Surfer 1 CGC 6.0  

Tomb of Dracula 10 CGC 6.0 case crack/top sticker missing

Fantastic Four 50 CGC 6.0  -

Tales of the Teen Titans 2 CGC 9.6  

Y: The Last Man 1 CGC 9.6 

Amazing Spider-Man 101  

Amazing Spider-Man 194  

Werewolf by Night 33  

Maybe Amazing Spider-Man #15 CGC 4.5 not sure yet on this one though.

Not sure I am willing to sell some of these for cash just yet but definitly willing to trade. I am also willing to add up to 200$ USD.

There is currently a 7.5 on ebay (that i dont want cuz the back has alot of fox unfortunaly) for right around 700 + shipping so that is the total value I am willing to trade.

1 minute ago, grayzr said:

Silver Surfer 1 CGC 6.0  

Tomb of Dracula 10 CGC 6.0 case crack/top sticker missing

Fantastic Four 50 CGC 6.0  -

Tales of the Teen Titans 2 CGC 9.6  

Y: The Last Man 1 CGC 9.6 

Amazing Spider-Man 101  

Amazing Spider-Man 194  

Werewolf by Night 33  

Maybe Amazing Spider-Man #15 CGC 4.5 not sure yet on this one though.

Not sure I am willing to sell some of these for cash just yet but definitly willing to trade. I am also willing to add up to 200$ USD.

There is currently a 7.5 on ebay (that i dont want cuz the back has alot of fox unfortunaly) for right around 700 + shipping so that is the total value I am willing to trade.

Those are some nice books! 

Put  some of them up in the FS thread, I'm sure most of them well sell quickly!

Good luck!