• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
9 9

250 posts in this topic

:news:

OK, a little after 4PM I will list around 16 horror related pulps. The grading on these will be around what I would say comic grading would be with some leniency. These are all scans on front and back so I think they exaggerate imperfections compared to photos. Will have a spine photo on all too. Will have detailed descriptions on these. I think the grading is still fairly subjective so you may be a tighter or more lenient grader than I will be but let the scans and the descriptions do the talking. 

I love the pulps. Great stuff! I believe in them as a great snapshot of an era. People think of those days as wholesome but the pulps would imply not so much. lol

I am still very much collecting sci-fi, mystery, detective, romance and adventure pulps but the horror genre, which probably has the most collectors is not my main focus so I am letting some go (prematurely)

Will take a break after pulps then be back with some golden age books. Some are from before at lower prices and some new ones will be scattered in.

Horror Stories-Oct/Nov 1937- 7.0- Yakima Pedigree- $1600

pgs white,light edge wear,sm tears,sm missing edge pieces

I have not seen Yakima horror available often. I purchased this recently for virtually what I am asking but have since decided not to focus my collection on horror. This is a unique opportunity

Horror Stories 10and 11-37_9.0 fc.jpg

Horror Stories 10and 11-37_9.0 bc.jpg

Horror Stories Oct-Nov 1937_9.0 spine.JPG

Horror Stories 10and 11-37_9.0 Yakima cert.jpg

Terror Tales- Sep/Oct 1938- 4.0 to 4.5- $295 SOLD TO MSTRANGE

pgs cream to off white with some charcoal stains at page edges, heavy chipping,slightly brittle, several tears bc,stains,edge wear,fc tears,edge wear

Girls for the Spider-Men is a pretty desirable pulp

Terror Tales 09and10-38_4.5 fc.jpg

Terror Tales 09and10-38_4.5 bc.jpg

Terror Tales Sept-Oct 1938_4.5 spine.JPG

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

1 minute ago, misterrmystery said:

If these were comics, they'd be worth a fortune. So much rarer too. 

I agree. It is coming. This will be seen as a bargain thread in the near future. I am not even identifying the great authors and artists involved or highlighting interior illustrations.