• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
9 9

250 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Terror Tales- Sep/Oct 1938- 4.0 to 4.5- $295

pgs cream to off white with some charcoal stains at page edges, heavy chipping,slightly brittle, several tears bc,stains,edge wear,fc tears,edge wear

Girls for the Spider-Men is a pretty desirable pulp

Terror Tales 09and10-38_4.5 fc.jpg

Terror Tales 09and10-38_4.5 bc.jpg

Terror Tales Sept-Oct 1938_4.5 spine.JPG

Take

Blue Ribbon Comics 4- 3.25- $350

Matt Baker red dress cover:x

off white to white, det bot cf,pull and tears at staples,moderate to large crease bot right fc,and medium crease bot left bc, some stains, tears,creases throughout cvr, and spine stress

Diary Secrets 4_3.5 fc.jpg

Diary Secrets 4_3.5 bc.jpg

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

On 2/5/2020 at 4:27 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Terror Tales- June 1936-3.0- $195

pgs off white, slightly brittle,chipping,readers crease,tape on spine,inner cover edge tape, edge wear,tears,

Terror Tales V6 N2 10-36_4.0 fc.jpg

Terror Tales V6 N2 10-36_4.0 bc.jpg

Terror Tales V6 N2 June 1936_4.0 spine.JPG

I’ll take it. 

1 minute ago, bounty_coder said:

The time has come to stop pondering on this purchase.

This book is so frustratingly difficult to find in any type of shape let alone one that contains some eye appeal.

:takeit:   John Buscema knocked one out of the park with this simple and simply sinister cover.  The Cult of Killers story in here is just nuts.

I pondered a bit too long.:ohnoez:

Just now, misterrmystery said:

I pondered a bit too long.:ohnoez:

One always hopes for cheaper prices; but 90 % of the copies of this book I've seen have been worse than this one with the reds often quite faded.  I recall a CGC 8.0 slipping by (I think on the boards here) many years ago.  I think this book is still more under the radar than many might believe...

2 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

One always hopes for cheaper prices; but 90 % of the copies of this book I've seen have been worse than this one with the reds often quite faded.  I recall a CGC 8.0 slipping by (I think on the boards here) many years ago.  I think this book is still more under the radar than many might believe...

I've missed a number of copies but this one looked nice. As they say, "he who hesitates is lost" Good pickup.