• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New (2020) CGC Custom Labels.... ehrm...
2 2

37 posts in this topic

On 2/3/2020 at 11:45 AM, Krismusic said:

it depends on the label and artwork but some are ok some ehh.. its all taste and what you like and how you want to collect.

It's always a matter of taste and preference.

I just wonder about how some of the label-images might compete with the cover-art of the book in the slab, and some label-images even distract, detract or clash with the cpver-art.

No accounting for taste I suppose (shrug)

Edited by jcjames

Did you all see this being released? They're introducing it with the Claremont signing but I reached out and they indicated it'll be available to any x-men submission at some point.  Its tempting! Hmmnn have to think about it hm

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8246/chris-claremont-signing-event/

GSXMenLabel220200417084949494.png

On 1/31/2020 at 9:16 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

Three of the 4 are awesome - the Deadpool one is soooooo not on par with the other custom labels.  Aside from the 9.9 joke, there's much better DP artwork out there that could have been used in place of that...
Carnage and Venom rock, though!

They were just trying to find a happy middle ground between "much better DP artwork" and this...

Ugly as Sin: An Updated Top 10 of Ugly Covers | CBSI Comics