• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New (2020) CGC Custom Labels.... ehrm...
2 2

37 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Michelangelo said:

Not a fan of any of these custom labels to be honest. Seems like a hokey cash grab.

GSXMenLabel220200417084949494.png&key=88

Even this new one?

:shy: I'll admit I'm biting and sending in my GSXM to get the label! I'm excited even

2 hours ago, Michelangelo said:

Not a fan of any of these custom labels to be honest. Seems like a hokey cash grab.

Meh, they are a business. Paying some "expert" to tell you your book is a 9.6 (when to some other "experts" it is a 9.4 and even a few more it might be a 9.8) seems like a cash grad. 

I think the labels are fine. Not the nicest artwork though on Deadpool.

On 4/17/2020 at 4:16 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Did you all see this being released? They're introducing it with the Claremont signing but I reached out and they indicated it'll be available to any x-men submission at some point.  Its tempting! Hmmnn have to think about it hm

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8246/chris-claremont-signing-event/

GSXMenLabel220200417084949494.png

I'm not really a fan of these custom labels, bat man, that X-Men.one is nice.

3 hours ago, Michelangelo said:
4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

GSXMenLabel220200417084949494.png&key=88

Even this new one?

:shy: I'll admit I'm biting and sending in my GSXM to get the label! I'm excited even

LoL - ok, that one is pretty cool

I'm also getting it pressed so :wishluck:lol

Is currently a 7.0, bought it last year I think, and it has some pressable and non pressable defects.....

Hopefully I win!

On 1/31/2020 at 6:17 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Deadpool.jpg.980840d79a4ba085d4c4bfe2aab27734.jpg

I think it’s kinda funny.  If I owned a 9.8 NM 98,  this label would be perfect. :insane:

I had my copy of New Mutants #98 signed and requested this custom label.

It came back as a CGC 10 ...........so I threw it in the trash. :frown:

Just to predict the next batch of labels, and with all the current events, it may be Black Panther (not a big market though).

Fantastic Four may also be long overdue.

I don't really feel strong or against it, but I have to say there are some good label-book combinations that work.

3 hours ago, bobotski said:

Just to predict the next batch of labels, and with all the current events, it may be Black Panther (not a big market though).

Fantastic Four may also be long overdue.

I don't really feel strong or against it, but I have to say there are some good label-book combinations that work.

:bigsmile:

7BECA270-0014-41A2-824C-B22F54DE0909.jpeg

I love these labels. I am a newer collector but in my 30s. I think they make the presentation look better. Just my humble opinion.

Wishlist:

Miles Morales, Spider Gwen, FF (which is way overdue), Thanos

Bring Back:

Avengers, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Daredevil

Please Keep:

All in existence right now. 

Won't Happen but would be cool:

Villains like Kingpin, Red Skull, Loki, Doom, Sinister Six, Knull, X-Men villain cluster to counter the hero cluster as I call it. Throwing some out there. 

And I get the thought that it takes away from the art. So I do like the option component of it. Both fans for and fans against can both get what they want. This is what makes collecting fun right? We all do what makes us happy. 

I wasn’t too fond of the custom labels, but thought this one looked nice, the brighter label art over the more muted covers of the comic page.  This led me to thinking if going forward people insist on slabbing individual pages of a book, CGC(or whoever) could place a smaller thumbnail of the actual comic cover a particular page is from on the label.  Sort of ties the two images together.  I’m sure the logistics are too convoluted or expensive, but I think it would make for a nice presentation.

Weekly Auction Ending Aug 24.png

6 minutes ago, steveinthecity said:

I wasn’t too fond of the custom labels, but thought this one looked nice, the brighter label art over the more muted covers of the comic page.  This led me to thinking if going forward people insist on slabbing individual pages of a book, CGC(or whoever) could place a smaller thumbnail of the actual comic cover a particular page is from on the label.  Sort of ties the two images together.  I’m sure the logistics are too convoluted or expensive, but I think it would make for a nice presentation.

image.png.2d91067b973a7c949b09cb8dc36af5c2.png

2 hours ago, steveinthecity said:

sorry but grading a single page from gsxm1 makes absolutely no sense to me. we're not talking action 1 here. why spend money to do this? a low grade copy could be had for a few hundos.